Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A good time

As much as I miss my sweethearts, Ella and Hrishi, I have to admit that I am kind of enjoying my time away from home. You see, once in a while I get to travel for work; most of the times to Omaha. And even if my pre-trip days are very hectic, trying to plan, cook, and leave all the instructions for Hrishi, once I leave town and get to my destination, I discover this nice little thing called freedom. And boy, it's a good feeling! :) I miss her to pieces though... but I'm so happy to hear that she's being such a big girl and doing so well for daddy.

Inspite of having a very long day yesterday with getting up at 4 am, getting on a plane, and working til 5:30 pm (and having lots of meetings), I managed to somehow make it fun. First off, it was great seeing co-workers friends and catching up with them. I had a nice dinner at one of my favorite places in Omaha, and even ordered a dessert. YES!!! I had a delicious bread pudding. I ate the very last bit and didn't feel any remorse or regret! Lol! :-) This is big for me as every time I've deviated from my diet, I would go on this self-induced guilt-trip. But I did hit the gym before dinner. I guess that helped. :) After dinner I got a pedicure, a very rare event in my life. It was nice and calming. I finished the day up with a little bit of gift shopping for Ella.

Tonight is gym time, dinner, and window shopping.

Tomorrow afternoon: team outing, going to a College World Series game, the biggest thing in town and not only. There are so many folks at my hotel that came in town just for that. That is passion.

Flying back to Houston on Friday. Until then, I'll enjoy this different kind of fun away from my daily chores and responsibilities.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so cool! It is nice sometimes to get away and that doesn't mean we love them any less. I'm sure you had a happy reunion when you went back home. :) Glad you had such a fun time! xox

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...