Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Turn it upside down

I was just telling Hrishi over the weekend how all my days have been so great lately, infused with tons of good things, making and keeping my spirit up and happy all the time. I must have jinxed it because yesterday was a pretty tough one, at work, at home, every single direction I could look, there were challenges and issues to solve. I felt a bit overwhelmed but kept my chin up and decided that I was not going to give in and let the hard stuff bring me down, wipe me off, and overcast my sunny skies. Luckily, with a good attitude, help from above, and lots of work things turned around.

It's during the hard moments that I need to draw in all the wonderful things happening in my life, and use them to counteract anything negative.
Plus, this girl's smile and sweetness will always change up any sads in happies in a matter of seconds.

Dazzling smile aside, this girl has strong hands, legs, and overall body balance. Buzz was a bit of a naugthy on Monday when he almost threw her off her saddle. She held on tight though and didn't fall. We came to find later, when the trainer "took him to the principle's office" (that is, she rode him around the arena), that there were some noises adjacent to the ground that apparently were bothering Buzz.


I held my breath for a few seconds, it happened very fast and I gasped because it really looked like she was going to fall (Funny that we were talking about helmets and safety that very day on the way to her lesson...!) Proud of my little rider. Ms. Jacqueline told her that she'd be switching horses starting next week so she can continue to learn and not have to work so much on getting Buzz to listen while learning too! :)That same day, on the way there she told me something that made me realize how deep her love and interest in horses and riding really run. She said that she'll ride til she dies.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had some better days! And how scary with Ella!!!
    You're awesome! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...