Thursday, March 4, 2010

The MYSTERY reader

.. so today I was one of the mystery readers in Ella's classroom. It was really fun to see the big surprise smile all across her face when she saw me walking in! What a treat! And it was great treat for me to sit there in front of all those beautiful bright faces with my sweet baby by my side (she sat by me in front of the class) and read the amazing Dr Seuss' stories.



























Kind of funny how so many of the kids have their eyes closed in the pic! Ella was just so excited that she did one of her very silly poses (head back!)


It was a very special moment and I look forward to many more of this kind.

On Tuesday I went to the temple with a bunch of sisters in our ward. I just love it how our RS president made this a tradition for our new ward. We carpooled together and it was a lot of fun. The temple of course was wonderful, my heart started beating so fast, full of emotion and joy all at the same time as we drove in to the temple grounds. I didn't think it'd be such an emotional reunion (me going to His Holy House after a couple of months of absence due to the chaos of moving and being sick), but it was- right from entering the very gate of the temple. I was able to do ordinances for quite a few dear women in our family, on my maternal grandfather's side as well as other women who of all places lived in Nebraska, how neat!!!?!!! An incredibily tangible warmth and peace came all over me and has not left me every since (and honestly, I never want it to but I know it will eventually. It's a good thing though as it'll make me want to go back there again soon.) How I love the temple! It is the most amazing place on the face of the earth as it allows us to get the closest we can to Heaven and feel that strong connection with Him, the creator of all.

My sweethearts carried on with our Tuesday night family tradition of going to the library for story time and got a double dose of Dr. Seuss (books and craft) How cool!

Last night we made yummy koftas, an Indian snack made out of freshly chopped cabbage rolled in a mixture of wheat, corn flours and egg then fried. We made it into a snack, no curry although the traditional rendering of this dish involves a thick curry. They are my all time favorite snack/appetizer!

And also last night Hrishi and Ella planted our Upsy Downsy tomato and strawberry seeds. We're very excited about this little urban/apartment patio gardening project and look forward to the yield!

Let's see what else?! We're soaking in the beautiful sunshine and warm weather we've been having and getting real excited about spending more time outdoors. We're planning a trip to the zoo on Saturday! Ella is more than super excited! I am too!

Almost forgot! Hrishi made some amazing banana bread this week. Chocolate chips, gummy bears and a dash of cocoa in addition to the traditional banana. This is becoming his signature dessert as he does such an amazing job! I could eat this for breakfast.... every day! Oh wait, I did eat this for breakfast! :)

4 comments:

  1. Cris, esti o inspiratie pentru mine!!! Sa tii minte asta! Mai multe detalii intr-un email... :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esti o mamica atat de minunata!!! Ella e o fetita extrem de binecuvantata! Te pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunteti voi foarte dragute, dragele mele! Vreau sa stiti ca si voi sunteti surse mari de inspiratie pentru mine! Va pup dulce si mereu ma bucur sa citesc despre voi si ai vostri copii scumpi si dragalasi! Suntem tare binecuvantate sa fim mamici, nu-i asa? Si desi nu e intotdeauna usor, este super minunat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ce dragut ca te-ai dus la fetita ta la scoala. Esti o mama minunata. Frumos post.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...