Monday, February 27, 2012

Bumpy days

There's been quite a few bumps in life over here lately but I can't stop but wonder whether I needed them to help me refocus, realign, and count my blessings more. The bumps certainly have not overshadowed the bounty of blessings we have received so far and continue to receive, I just see them as reminders of all this life is about: love, service, humility, and appreciating what I have. 

Bump #1: The house is off the market (and not of our own free will), we're starting fresh with a new agent. We're basically back to square one. Unsettling, stressful, but still a fact. A fact of life that sometimes things don't turn out the way they looked they would and how you would have certainly hoped they would.

Bump #2: I injured my arm (tricep tendonitis, I think it is from what I read) I've been through pretty much my darkest times so far in the health arena. I don't recall to have hurt so badly before, except maybe for when I was in the middle of childbirth contractions six years ago. The meds were supposed to make me feel better, but instead they made me feel worse. Aside from the excruciating pain, I have been nauseated, threw up quite a bit, light-headed, drowsy, and weak. I'm feeling a little better today, and hope and pray with my very fiber to get over this soon. I am aware this may take a while to completely heal, but all I'm hoping for some relief from the pain, or the ability to get better at coping with it. For the pain the doctor prescribed Vicodin but guess what, I couldn't handle it: I got really sick after taking just one pill. So no Vicodin for me, thank you.  But oh how much I've learned because of this (painful) experience: to love more, and be more patient with my body, with myself; to truly cherish every day of perfect health and take absolutely nothing for granted. I have learned to appreciate more quality (of workout) vs. quantity: that more reps do not necessarily equal to being more fit. I have learned to smile while in pain. (See, I was not very good at doing this before.) And I got to be spoiled with lots of kisses and hugs, and even got my "cast" ice pack signed by Ella. :)
[One thing is for sure though: this injury is not going to stop me getting better at what has become a passion. As I manage the pain, I'm going to be starting back up slowly with legs and back and working my way up to chest and arm hopefully in a week or so, God willing.]

Bump #3: Mom and dad are packing up. They're leaving for Romania on Thursday. We are all pretty sad, especially Ella who has spent so much time with them these past four months, and loves them immensly. We will miss them. I know I'll walk upstairs past their bedroom seeing and hearing no one and I will feel even more sad. I know that I will miss their smiles and love, their always caring nature and huge help with everything around the house.... But for now, we are trying to forget the departure pain and to look forward to next summer when we plan to go visit them in Romania.

Bump #4: Hrishi is leaving for Houston on Saturday. That means we'll have movers over on Friday and Saturday turning the house upside down and packing, packing, and packing some more. I am so not looking forward to it but this is a fact of life: we are moving. Our plan right now is for Ella and me to leave for Houston in another two weeks. We're staying behind to hopefully get a couple of more milk dose increases and a few visitors to see the house.

I am sad for all of this happening but I know that whatever we go through, it is somehow for our best. You see, there is just so many mixed emotions, all packed up in this week. I'm getting sentimental about leaving Dallas, about all that we've accomplished here as a family, and myself as an individual. But more on that later. I have to save some of this "mush" for another post, next week when the skies will hopefully be clearer.

Yesterday, a friend from church shared this on her  facebook wall and said it reminded her of me... I felt really humbled and so unworthy, knowing all of my shortcomings and struggles... And yet I am so fortunate to have so many people surrounding me with much love and patience. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"For truth and duty - it is ever the fitting time; who waits until circumstances completely favor his undertaking WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING." -Martin Luther

Now, a splash of color would be nice, wouldn't it, so here come the pictures (when I get time to upload:)
 
Temple grounds visit:







Horseback riding: this little girl was over the moon about it. She had a blast.

The awesomest rider!!

 
"Mici" making with tataie: so delicious!!



Yummy glazed brownies made with love by mom:


We love you mom and dad and are so grateful for the wonderful times we've had together! May God bless you as you return home to Romania in safety and may HE be with you, 'til we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot going on and sorry not all super smooth but like you said maybe all things for our betterment. I am sad along with you for your parents leaving. They are so sweet. Safe travels Popescu's. So glad you get to see them again in Romania. Te pup si sa te faci bine repede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH!!!! I hope your arm heals SOON! I'm sure things will fall into place with the house and the move. It's just not fun right now. And I'm sorry your parents have to leave now. Multi pupici la toti!!!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...