Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Texas State Fair



First time to the Texas State Fair did not dissapoint: there was a little bit of everything for every one but mostly tons of fried (and I'm sure yummy) food!!! We would not know anything about that though since fair food is out of question when you have food allergies. But you know what? That's actually a good thing in this instance! :) We did make our own dairy-free version of the infamous funnel cake (three of them in fact) before leaving home and it was delish!!

(For a moment I thought of sprinkling some flax seeds in there but then changed my mind... with the amount of sugar and oil that went into that thing, my flax seeds wouldn't have made a difference! lol ;))

The fair is a major Fall attraction here in TX. It's always in the Arts District and pulls a huge crowd every time, from what we heard. The nice thing about it is that since it's so spread out, even with lots of people walking around, it still doesn't feel crowded.

Ella won her first prize at the "Fish the ducky" game and enjoyed quite a few rides.





I did the paddle boats and the huge slide with her while Hrishi conveniently watched from the side lines! :) The paddle boats ride was really harmless in and of itself but after running my first 5K yesterday (on the treadmill), it turned out to be quite a task for my poor legs. Now the slide is a different story: with my fear of heights, climbing up about 100 ft or so and then letting go on a piece of thick felt with my baby on my lap, turned out to be pretty scary. Lucky me that Ella was sitting in front and I got to "hide" behind her. Laying on my back helped get us some momentum going down but also alleviated some of my fear! Haha! He's really using my recent motto that "it's good for me to do hard things each and every day" on me. :)






Gigantic crab with really nice table setting at the Children's Aquarium! :)

The slide... you can't probably tell how tall this thing was!

3 comments:

  1. Dragii nostri,

    Se vede ca v-ati distrat bine la balci, ca v-ati dat in tot felul de chestii dragute si unele chiar periculoase, cu multa adrenalina.
    Ha,ha,ha,ne bucuram mult pentru voi.
    Multi pupici de la noi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ce distractiv. Nu am putut sa il conving pe Shane sa mai mearga anul asta la balci tocmai ca la noi e asa aglomerat si e si la o ora si jumate distanta plus trafic. Ma bucur ca v-ati distrat asa frumos. Frumoase poze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat de marfa v-ati distrat! Super! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...