Friday, October 14, 2011

Change

I remember reading somewhere that "the only constant thing in life is change." Very true. We see change every day and all around: change in nature's lifecyle, change in the political landscape, change in fashion, change in values (unfortunately), change in attitudes, currents of thought, etc. Some of it is natural, welcome, and good, while some is not. Today I am celebrating the good kind of change: the one that brought so much focus, happiness, and peace in my life. The change that unleashed the "monster"/"beast" in me, making me to absolutely LOVE physical exercise.


A simple glance at pictures taken throughout the years uncover the obvious: the change consists of the weight loss and maybe a few different haircuts and haircolors here and there. But the change is much deeper than that and not visible with the naked eye. It is the inner change I treasure and value the most over the physical change because it is the inner change that triggered and fueled the physical change. They fed off of each other in a way and are continuing to do so. I learned for myself that there is no better gift that I can give to the ones I love and to myself than to take care of my body and spirit inside and out.

Almost a complete physical, mental, and spiritual re-birth of sorts. My change and transformation are I guess  just another testament anyone can do it. "We can always do more than we think we are capable of!! I now believe this with all my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Change is hard at first, but once you get going there's no stopping if you truly believe in it! You are AMAZING!!! You're an inspiration and a great example to all of us! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo tie, Cristina! Imi place cum ai scris si imi plac pozele foarte mult! Te pup! Tine-o tot asa!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...