Wednesday, August 17, 2011

All about me! :)

A couple of days ago it was the "all about me" day! I was happy to celebrate my 35th birthday.  I was happy, although a bit apprehensive because the years truly go by quickly and it feels like in no time the "40's" will be knocking on my door!!! Ugh!!! Alright, now that I'm done with the apprehension, will move on to the fact that I am truly grateful to have made it through life thus far, having made some good choices (one of them being to marry the wonderful man that I love and cherish), and being able to enjoy the many blessings  that have been pouring down from heaven this past year or so, and generally speaking, throughout my life.

Happy because I have a super sweet husband who took time off work to hang out with me, start the day with a brutal workout at the gym (which is my new favorite hang-out place, by the way), and enjoy a delish lunch at Rafain, a  really nice Brazillian steakhouse.



Desserts....! Yum!
I felt pampered and loved and it felt great!!!! I got lots of wishes from dear family and friends everywhere, for which I am very grateful.

I got some beautiful flowers, cards, and treats that made the day even more special. Ella was so sweet, she started spreading the word that it was mommy's birthday on Sunday in her Primary class, hoping that they would give her a goodie bag or treat for her to take home to mommy. Isn't she just adorable? I love her to pieces!!!!!! The first words she uttered Monday morning when she woke up were "Happy Birthday Mommy!" It melted my heart. She certainly is a special spirit. 




She made cupcakes with daddy and blew a candle of her own with me that night.


My biggest accomplishment this year is by far the physical and mental transformation I've undergone. I say this with humility as it was not a one-person effort. Many special people in my life contributed to it.  All the evening hours that Hrishi watched Ella while I worked out at the gym during my first months of training, all the very healthy meals they had to put up with (first) and then learn to love, all the conversations and training hours I had with John, who put a huge amount of time and thought into this, and last but not least, all the whinning or exhiliration they all had to witness and put up with many times during this amazing journey. My friends and extended family who cheered and praised and complimented, all of them played a big part in it. So thank you!

I've learned quite a few things about life in this process and all the other experiences I've had this past year. Life is a gift that should never be taken for granted. In fact, every day is a gift and we make most of it by living it with purpose. 

Happy birthday to me!!

2 comments:

  1. La multi ani, draga Cristina!!!!! Ce zi frumoasa petrecuta alaturi de cei dragi!!! Normal ca meriti sa fi super rasfatata de ziua ta si in fiecare zi! Tu esti minunata si ai realizat atatea intr-un timp atat de scurt (esti inca FOARTE tanara)! Te pup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La multi ani. Ma bucur ca ai avut o zi frumoasa. Meriti tot ce e mai bun.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...