Friday, July 18, 2014

Foster care

I came across this blog and it's been good to read some of the more experienced ones' thoughts, findings, and advice on foster care. This comes at a good time. Foster care is hard, it's costly to the heart and not only, it's exhausting, it requires going beyond and above in places you never thought you would... But that smile that you see on your sweet (foster) child's face, the feeling of safety and love that she feels while in your arms, while in your home, are all worth it. We will forever cherish Nataly's sweet smile that reflected her feeling of happiness and safety while in our care. I will never forget the smile she gave me and Hrishi that night that we put her in our bed (it was a few days before she was going to leave), when after changing and feeding her, with sleepy eyes, half closed, she turned to me to make sure I was there and gave me that smile. That smile that will forever stay imprinted in my heart and mind.

http://jasonjohnsonblog.com/

And I realize that all of my entries have been about this experience lately. It is my way, our way of coping with the change, with not having her in our family anymore, but forever in our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...