Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I stand by traditional marriage, always.

While personal choices are what they are... personal, I fail to understand why some fight to make them generally acceptable and common place. Marriage is between a man and a woman and no law of the land (no matter how fair it professes to be) can EVER change that. This statement does not come out of intolerance or hatred. It is simply my knowledge and testimony that God speaks the truth and His law is eternal. His law, as written in ancient and modern scripture, I always want to live and sustain.


"The Church remains irrevocably committed to strengthening traditional marriage between a man and a woman." That is all I need to know.

I know that we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father and while I say and know deep in my heart that He loves us ALL, I will never truly know the depth of the love that HE truly feels for each and every one of us, straight or gay. I leave it to Him to judge and understand. As for me and my house, I will strive to follow Him and His law.

I explained some of this to my not-even-eight-years-old daughter. I think she understood that while God is loving and merciful, He is just and His law is unchangeable.

Our sweet darling loving her new set of scriptures. This is in fact my quad that I've had for years and I am now passing down to her. She loves all the notes and the pretty highlights and underlining I've done in there over the years. She calls it her "Baptism scriptures" and loves to read from it. Last night we had a very nice time reading and sharing. This is true happiness.


And before I close, from The Family: A Proclamation To the World:

"THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners."


1 comment:

  1. AMEN!
    Love the sinner, not the sin. The most disappointing I guess is all those people that are members of the Church and claim to follow the prophet...

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...