Friday, November 16, 2012

Why?

Why do I blog? Why do I try to keep this blog in synch with our busy little life? Why so many pictures of us, pictures of drawings, pictures of all kinds of other things?

Well, it's because I know of a commandament that asks us to keep personal and family histories or journals, to record spiritual experiences and not only. This blog is the perfect vehicle for me to do just that. Quoting from "Gospel Truth", "as we record our activities and feelings, we can more clearly see the Lord’s influence in our lives." And it is so, I have a big testimony of it. We love going back and reviewing past years' experiences, and looking at pictures. 

And because I love to write things down somewhere and clip them with lots of pictures as over the years I tend to forget precious moments along with tougher times. I want to remember them so that I can draw strength, joy, and hope from those past experiences, into the present and the future. And because I'm not such a good organizer when it comes to paper, so electronic works best for me. The super nice thing is that I can still get a hard-copy of it all at the end of the year, via the BlogtoPrint feature.

And won't be awesome to have Ella's children and even grandchildren to read through all this stuff??
 

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I blog too! If you don't mind sharing, how much does it cost to print it through that feature? Also, can you print the comments? I print mine on our home printer and put it in binders (so far I have 9 of them which are huge and I'm a year behind! :) Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You (and Ioana above) are awesome at this! I still don't know how you guys do it. You work and do a lot of extracurricular activities with Ella, Ioana has 5 kids (and has a food blog too!)... What is your secret?? :) Anyway this is a great reminder, so thanks! :) xox

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...