Monday, November 19, 2012

Miracles

Life is full of miracles if we only take the time and dial ourselves to the right wave length to notice them.
(This is unrelated to this post other than it depicts some deliciously sweet chocolate pumpkin blondies I had baked for the sisters I visit teach at church.)
 
Yesterday was a day to remember. A day that started off nice but soon turned gloomy for me when I realized that my work PC was locked out and that I would probably have to FedEx it to one of the company's offices out of town to get it unlocked. (I had to do this in the past and it was a big hassle.) I stressed out a lot because I was going to have some important meetings on Mon and Tuesday morning and that I was going to be out on vacation after that. Then I started to think of all the ways that I was failing at to be a better mom, a better wife, and a better servant. Then we went to church and all the Sacrament meeting, Gospel Doctrine, and Relief Society talks made it even more obvious to me that I needed to change some things, repent, try harder, and HAVE MORE FAITH, for goodness sake!!! But my spirit was not ready to do all that, I was stubborn and was dwelling on my negatives. Finally, after almost forcing myself to prepare an FHE lesson on apostles at Ella's request, and starting family home evening, while reading from the scriptures and church manuals about the important of apostles, who they are and what they are here for, I started feeling the sweet feeling of repentance washing over me, that it was okay and He understood where I was coming from but that it didn't have to be that way because of His love and infinite sacrifice for me, a sinner amongst millions of others walking the earth... And then the day/evening got so much better and how grateful I am for that.

The stress of dealing with troubleshooting my locked PC this morning was still there and along with prayers I had made all kinds of plans in my head of how I was going to get this resolved. And then something happened.... As I finished my morning chores and sat down at my workstation, I realized that I was logged on and the PC was no longer locked. It was a miracle by all means as I (and Hrishi) have looked at that screen yesterday and the day before and it was locked...! Words cannot describe what I felt! Ella can tell you about the loud sharp squeal of joy I shouted: "It's a miracle!!!!!" Then Hrishi walked in, we hugged, then we went and told Ella why mommy was shouting and hugged her too. Something to treasure and remember. His tender mercies are indeed very sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Chiar ca a fost un miracol!!! Ma bucur mult ca s-a descuiat.:) Si eu la fel ca tine am nevoie de mai multa credinta si MULTA rabdare! :) Te pup!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...