Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall, an ordinary day, and more equine impressions

I'm personally not a big fan of the Fall season, as that's when sinuses and colds are more frequent and so is the need to use nebulizers or antibiotics. And I don't like cold weather BUT I do enjoy the turning of the leaves (well, we don't get much of that here), the tad bit cooler temperatures, the pumpkin carving, the Halloween costume excitement, and watching Ella ride late in the evenings when the lights are on in the arena, and the cool breeze and burned wood aromas dance around, all making for some really neat Fall memories.

And of course, the making of treats. I try to stay away of the cute creative stuff as I'm not the creative type anyway, and I dislike all the sugar overload that hides underneath it all, but every once in a while I cave in and make my own adaption of classics such as blondies. Pumpkin blondies are waiting on the counter for my little Dorothy and her sweet daddy. I can't wait for them to have a bite. I had one and I think they are terrific. I went easy on the sugar (and used some Stevia) and they  turned out great. Yay!!

 
I was planning on going out to the store to pick some things up but since my eye is still swollen I decided to bake instead of giving everyone an early Halloween scare. Really, I do not mind wearing my sunglasses everywhere, it's mighty bright and sunny outside but when you're inside the store, well that is a bit odd. So I'm dealing with my "infirmity" at home (thank Heavens that I do work from home.)
 
But back to happier things, last night I got to watch from under my sunglasses my sweetie take her first Dressage lesson. Since she's asked Ms. Jackie a couple of weeks ago if she could compete in those shows as well as her regular Hunter/Jumper division, Ms. Jackie decided to honor her request and do a Dressage 101 with her last night. It was even neater than her typical lessons as Ms. Jackie rode on Star the entire lesson time. It was a cool "show and tell" lesson.
 




 
We are really grateful for wonderful teachers who make such a difference in Ella's life and ours too. Ms. Jackie is one of those amazing teachers.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...