Friday, September 7, 2012

Being a Hill Seeker

Inspiration is everywhere around us.
I came across this on my Facebook news feed.


It's interesting that it came when it did: I was sitting by the door behind which my Ella was auditioning for a part in the Nutcracker at her new ballet school. I'm proud of how she takes on challenges and puts herself out there. A little background for this particular event is in order. She started ballet last Thursday. The first five minutes of watching class were a clear indicator that she was in a more advanced class than her current ballet skills. She hung on the whole 60 minutes watching intently her instructor's every single move (her instructor is of course a very seasoned ballerina, age and skill wise; truly amazing to watch!) I thought that after class she was going to "throw in the towel" but instead, she was happy and pleased with her work although she admitted it was much harder than she expected. First time for her to work at the bar.

Through His tender mercies I was able to slightly adjust my Thursday work schedule going forward and take her to a lower class level matching her skill earlier in the day.

Now some pictures of my little ballerina:

 
 
I really like that the instructor takes time to have each of the girls demonstrate the newly learned skill and correct them.
 
 

That little quote up there speaks volumes to me: about being better in every way, stretching myself a little farther to be kinder, to be calmer, to be more organized, more spiritual, more loving, more willing to take on hard things. Because after the hard stuff is done, after that mountain is climbed, the feeling is indeed so so sweet and worth every effort.

And now back to that Nutcracker audition: today finally we got the long-awaited letter in the mail!!!! I took it to school to Ella to open herself! She made the NUTCRAKER CAST!!!! Yay!!!
She was is so happy about it!! It's interesting that while opening it, she was saying "let's see what role I made", not wondering if she made it or not... ha-ha!! She will be an angel. She said she wants to be in the Nutcracker every year.
 
 

 
 
That's indeed exciting!!! And rehearsal are starting TOMORROW. It'll be a lot of hard work for sure.
 
 
Ella darling, you are my inspiration.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! I'm so glad Ella is doing so well in ballet! And CONGRATS for the Nutcracker!!!! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics with costumes, etc, etc! :) I LOVE that last picture! She's truly beaming! Way to go, Ella!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorabila ultima poze. Se vede pe fata ei fericirea nespunsa. Ma bucur nespus pt. ea si voi toti. Te pup si m-am bucurat mult ca am vorbit.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...