Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy birthday to me and last swim class




... so I turned 26 this Wednesday, oh wait no, 18, ha-ha! I'm actually quite happy that I turned my real age of 36! :)

It was a very nice day, full to the brim, just like pretty much every day around here. Crazy busy morning at work, with meetings starting at 8:15 am and lots of other work to do. I was grateful though that somehow I was able to take a 30 min break during lunch to walk around the lake in the beautiful hot TX sun which I so much love!! It was nice to get a brisk walk in  and take a quick but thorough inventory of all the blessings I've been given. I started with being grateful to be alive, healthy, moving, smelling, seeing, and breathing. It was wonderful. Then Hrishi brought home some delicious Indian food for a quick lunch. He is the best!!! We were going to go out for lunch but with the busy day at work, it was just not enough time.

In the evening we had a nice home made dinner of grilled bass, pompano, mamaliga, musdei/garlic sauce, roasted potatoes and steamed brocolli and finished up with a yummy blueberry/lemon yogurt cake.  Everything was really nice.  Now some pictures. (The beautiful flower arrangement is of course from Hrishi. Those flower have been blooming and filling up the living room with an amazing fragrance, I just love them!)



A closer look:

The cake!!

(What's up with the "18" candles?? Well, we decided to carry on with a little joke that started as a very nice compliment from a friend, who said I looked 18. The funnier thing was when Ella saw the candles: her puzzled look and question: "Mommy, are you really turning 81??" I laughed so hard!!)

Here's Shu, our dear friend who joined in the celebration. They were playing Hedbanz. What a fun game!

On Thursday we went out to lunch at a nice Mexican restaurant. My steak wrapped roasted poblano pepper (stuffed with cheese!!!!!!!!) was so good. But way too much, so I split it with Hrishi.



I love this awesome man right here who makes time in a the middle of a terribly busy day for him, to take me out to lunch!!!




Wednesday was also Ella's last swim lesson for this year (or so we planned), and she swam like a champ. I love how hard she tries and how once she gets it, she's on cruise control. Her freestyle is really beautiful nowadays, especially the breathing. But I didn't get a picture of it because I was too busy watching her do it and turning my head to the side every time she came out for air. Funny/silly, I know. But I have a few pictures of her backstroke.




     

We will miss Ms. Kim and she'll miss Ella.

After class, she went out to the outdoor pool, to slide and swim, and play some more. These girls know how to have fun.





I already feel summer days slipping out but I do look forward to new beginnings the new school year will bring. Ballet is starting next Thursday, school is starting the following Monday.

Life is good, God is kind and loving.





2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm glad you had such an awesome day!!! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La multi ani inca o data. Ma bucur ca te-a rasfatat Hrishi si ca ati avut papa buna si tortul minunat. Si ce flori frumoase. Iti doresc ce e mai bun pe lume. Te pup!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...