Monday, March 19, 2012

A brand new day

Last Friday I made the decision that I was going to go back to the gym and do whatever my body let me do, maybe some cardio/running coupled with stretching exercises prescribed by the physical therapist. That was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. Not that I had fantastic workout (I wasn't hoping for one), but because I learned some important things about myself. Don't you love it when you have those "aha" moments when it comes to the person inside of you, when you learn something new about yourself, you understand yourself better, maybe get a little more insight into what makes you tick, what makes you happy, what makes you better? Let's just say that my Friday workout did just that for me. It helped alleviate some of the pain, but most importantly it helped me to get to know myself a little better. It brought comfort that I still had a lot of strength (in my legs, mostly), that I still LOVED to work this wonderful physical body that Heavenly Father provided for me. It felt really wonderfully. Plus, I never thought that I could have a spiritual enlightening moment or moments on the gym floor. But it happened.

Even if you're in pain, you can still reach out for the stars and do what you love to the extent that you can, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...