Monday, January 16, 2012

Another weekend

As I sit here trying to gather up this weekend's comings and goings, I can hear my sweetheart playing with the grandparents upstairs to her heart's content, giggles and excitement on both sides. It's way past her bedtime  but it's all good. We're happy, together, and playing. Thank goodness tomorrow' is Martin Luther King Jr. and she gets to sleep in. I'm pleased with this weekend and with Sunday, especially. I was spiritually fed in all three church meetings to the extent that made my heart overflow. Aside from that doing so much good to the soul, it also helped the body to not need as much physical nourishment. Yes, I've been having a bit of hard time with self-control in the food department lately. Don't know why, maybe because there's so much tasty food from my "past life" around all day long and is darn hard to stay away from it all the time! :) Mom makes something yummy every day!! And now that I've put on some more muscle, it's become harder to notice fat loss.

Pretty much all Saturday morning after breakfast we cleaned and sorted toys. Boy, that was quite a task! It felt like they had invaded us...! Way way too many toys. We tossed the broken ones (unfortunately, or fortunately for Ella, there weren't that many), bagged the give-away ones, dressed the naked ones and by the end of the process, the playroom was looking  a lot better than before. There's still more to do but it's a start. Clutter almost gives me panick attacks. Seriously! Toys abandoned on the floor, especially, tend to make my blood pressure rise.

I made pizza for lunch. We served it with grilled eggplant. It was so good.

 The "before" adding the vegan cheese:
(I personally could have had it like this, but wanted to add the "melty" look and taste for Ella and mom and dad.)

(Yes, loads of peppers and my favorite, anchovies, sprinkled here and there. Doesn't that look so pretty??)


The "after", with added Daiya vegan cheese, uncured salami, chicken breast, and olives.


(The thin crust was store-bought but delicious nonetheless.)

Then took a quick nap before heading out to the movies. We saw "Beauty and the Beast", regular feature not 3-D. There's something about 3-D that doesn't sit well with me, or least not for one and a half hour movies. I'm glad that Ella didn't mind watching the "regular" digital version and is generally not interested in 3-D movies :)

And what's movie without dinner? Our next stop was Hard Eight BBQ where once again we ate at our hearts' content some real Texas barbecue. Mamaie and tataie absolutely loved it!


The selection of meats is really great, not to mention the taste

and the "fixings" :)

 

Silly little puppy girl!! She does love to eat her meat to the bone!!

Yesterday after church and lunch, we went to our favorite park, fed flocks of beautiful, hungry, and awfully friendly birds, walked around, and soaked in the lovely 60's temperatures.

More bird feeding pictures will go here...

(I cannot say enough of how happy it makes me to not have to deal with the dreary cold, freezing, or snowy days that I had to put up five to six months out of the year, for nine years when we lived in the midwest.) This is pure happiness and bliss to me! "Come to Texas, come to Texas"-my weather Zion!! :)

But we miss daddy, he's out of town this week for work. He had to split the week between Omaha and Florida. Can't wait to see him on Wednesday!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! So, now that you're done with Ella's toys, you can come organize ours! LOL I think you'd have a heart attack here with all the toys that Tommy makes sure are constantly thrown all over the floor!:) As soon as we put them away, he makes sure to take them right out. One day... my house will be clean...
    That pizza looks awesome (before AND after :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBQ, mi-ai facut pofta. Am auzit ca sunt cele mai bune carnuri pe acolo. Frumoase poze si bunatati.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...