Sunday, October 30, 2011

Run, run, run (4 miles)


I did it this Friday inspite of the fact that I had a sore throat and not much desire or energy to hit the gym. I wanted to do it though not only because it was on my training plan for Friday to run 4 miles, but because knew that I would have a great sense of accomplishment afterward. So went ahead and "checked" myself into the gym and got on that treadmill.  It was a big deal for me. Once I got past the 3 mile "milestone", I knew I could finish. I never before ran this much and it was amazing! Hard, but amazing.  My average speed was 5.5-6.5 running only, no walking.
It's difficult  to put words to how exercise makes me feel but I know for a fact that along with the common benefits of overall health, strength, and flexibility, it gives me the courage, confidence, and determination to accomplish more and more every day, and not only in the physical realm. What I once perceived as difficult or challenging tasks at work or at home, now I welcome and feel grateful for. It's a wonderful thing, a huge transformation in my life. And because it's so wonderful I just can't stop talking about it. :) What were once foreign objects that I wanted nothing to do with, are now good friends (i.e. barbells, dumb bells, heavy ball, core ball, bosu and medical balls, push carts, cables, elastic bands, iron grips, etc.)
For me to also know that I can motivate others while I'm doing what I'm doing to keep my own motivation up, is both humbling and inspiring. And because it's no fun doing this all by myself, I created a little Facebook group, "Friends in Training" in hopes to create a community of us out there working towards the same goals of living a healthier and happier life through good nutrition and physical exercise. To keep another one another motivated and accountable so we may all reach our goals. I hope everyone has as much fun out there, as I do.

Back to my first 4 mile run: I was exctatic, proud and happy, and sweaty too. After the run I went into one of the group fitness studios and did some nice stretching and couldn't help but snap some pictures. :) I do like my new "me" a lot, as "it" stand a little taller and straighter, more confident, happier, and stronger. :-)


Big smile right there on my face!
I'm pumped up about reaching my next weight (fat) loss goal and my 10K run in a few weeks. Then hopefully the Alpha Showdown and the next tri. The possibilities are almost endless, that's for sure.

And for all this, I thank Him every day, and my amazing Hrishi and Ella, and my trainer John Lee who believed in me a year ago and gave me the wings to fly higher than I ever thought possible.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, bravo, bravo!!!!!!!!!!! You SHOULD be proud of yourself! That is a huge accomplishment! I'm so happy for you!!! You're amazing!!!! And you look HOT, girl!!! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...