Friday, October 28, 2011

The good life

This week Hrishi had to travel to Omaha again for work. He was really needed there and will still be needed back there in November. We managed well although we missed him dearly. With me having to take on all of the household chores, including everything that goes with taking care of Ella, I gained a deeper appreciation for all the help that I get when he's around. And even more respect and admiration for you mothers of many children out there, or single mothers, or just very busy women!!

Althought it was busy, I was able to reflect at the end of each day on how blessed I am and feel for all the work that is mine to do: the work of a mother, the work of a wife, the work of a  woman in the church, the work of an analyst, the work of person passionate about fitness, etc. Because only through work we grow and shine, and reach whatever destination we set out to. And work makes life good, doesn't it?

And here is some of the things that make my life good, in fact great and wonderful:


(Ok, this really deserves a caption as there is a pretty cute story behind it: Ella comes home with this cute bunch of little dalmatians. I ask her where she got them from. She tells me she traded them with a friend. I ask her what she traded them for, she said "nothing." I'm a little perplexed and I ask if she had to return this to her friend. She said, "why, of course! I have to retun them on Monday." I thought it was very funny and I'm glad that I get to play with them too, until Monday! :-))



My very handsome man.

Today I got to volunteer and get my hands dirty with pumpkin along side this lovely bunch! I'm getting to love some of these kids and Ms. Brininstool, they wonderful teacher!

Today in honor of the Red Ribbon week, everyone dressed-up in Western attire! It was such a treat to see everyone's outfits (including teachers, staff, and principal!)

I'll make a conscious effort to be better at treasuring every moment because it is there, in the small, daily details that we get to experience life at its best. And trying to find the extraordinary in the ordinary day makes (my) heart happy.

1 comment:

  1. Mi-a placut mult acest post! Si eu ador momentele cand Fred e acasa cu noi. parca totul devine mai usor de facut...Suntem norocoase sa avem soti asa minunati, care intr-adevar ne respecta si ne trateaza ca pe niste printese :) te pup!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...