Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sprinting

We've been sprinting to finalize our adoption training sessions and this past Saturday we were in the STAR training which we'll finish up on Mon and Tue evenings. We didn't find a babysitter so Ella will come with. I really hope and pray the evening sessions won't truly last three hours (until 9:30 pm) as that's terribly late for her on a school night. Once this is done, we'll complete more paperwork, and then hopefully will get a caseworker assigned so we can start the Home Study process.

Today I was released from my nursery duties. It's a bit strange because today of all days I was asked to share my conversion story and how missionary work has blessed my life in Sharing time in Primary. I managed to do it w/o tears for Junior Sharing time but answering questions about my going to the temple for the first time some 18 years ago in Senior Sharing time did it and I was overwhelmed with emotion, and teared up. Especially when I mentioned seeing my parents' and my reflection in the sealing room's mirrors. I just love how powerfully the Spirit can touch our heart and our entire being in fact, and how it is such a spontaneous thing; of course I got embarrased with my outburst but I knew it was the Holy Ghost bearing testimony to me of the importance and beauty of those temple ordinances. I love the restored Gospel, the living faith we have, the wonderful teachings we are blessed to receive.  Then I got to go to Relief Society for the first time in almost a year and a half. WOW! Did that feel good, and peaceful, and wonderful???
But on my way to the Relief Society room, I peeked inside our Nursery room and saw the dear sisters I've served with singing with the children and I realized that I was going to miss them and especially those sweet kids! They are all so wonderful and never gave me any grief! Love them!  And I felt so grateful for being part of a church where there is so much love and dedication to others, even to the littlest and youngest ones of us.
Before I forget, the high council speaker today did such an amazing job. He gave a great talk about living prophets and about how doing the basic things each day will help us to reach our full potential. He asked us to be "brilliant in the basics" and not worry so much about what we know and don't know about the scriptures or doctrine, about how long we've served in a certain capacity, how long we've been members of the church, etc.

And here I am now, sitting and thinking how I'll be sprinting again tomorrow into the next week. I'm a little scared but hope everything will be fine. I hope and pray for health, safety, energy and desire to do everything that is required of me, of us and with a HAPPY and WILLING heart. Tomorrow (like most days) I know that work will be busy, there will be no lunch break but luckily will be able to leave a bit early so I can get my tri training done. I'm doing all three legs tomorrow and attempting 5 clean swim laps (clean meaning good breathing and no stopping in the middle of the lap), 8.75 miles of biking, and 1.80 miles of running. Now aside from the training itself, I realized that 10 min transition from the swim to the bike might be tight! This might be another challenge... . Somehow I have to be faster, not only in the pool or on the bike/treadmill, BUT ON MY OWN FEET! :):):) Oh boy, what did I get myself into??? Getting the jitters in case you can't tell!!

Last night, my very own stats and math guru husband sat down with me and came up with this cool little strategy for my running that will hopefully get me to my 2 mile/20 min goal. It's not going to be easy because of the preceeding swim and bike but I think it's possible. In fact I know it's going to be really tough but running is my forte out of the three legs so I got to push the hardest on this one. I just need to stay very focused and give it all.  So here it goes: first 30 secs run at 3.5 speed, go up to 5.5 for 1 min, then sprint at 7.5 for another min, then go back down to 3.5 for 30 secs. So on and so forth until the 20 mins are up. That's pretty much how I've been running my interval training but not as precise. Who knows, maybe I can go for more than 1 min at 7.5. You never know what the adrenaline can do!! :)


After my workout I'll be picking up Ella, meeting Hrishi home and driving together in one car to the adoption training. Hurray!! :) This is IT for Monday! And that's how Tue is going to be like, and Wednesday, and Thursday, etc., etc. Life is crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Some pictures to make this post prettier:






"10-30-20", HERE I COME! Can I do it? I think I can, I think I can!!! :)

(While you may see a pretty confident smile down below, know that I am afraid, that I am stressed, and that I feel overwhelmed. I didn't really sleep last night, dreaming myself swimming lap after lap after lap. I'm anxious. It is a big deal for me and probably one of the hardest physical challenges that I had to face (almost second to giving birth.) While I want to do my best and have a good experience, I can't help the feeling of inadequacy. He will uplift me and carry me through this as He carries me through everything every day, this I know.)

3 comments:

  1. Succes maine!!!!!!!! As tine-o pe Ella la noi, daca am fi mai aproape!! Intr-adevar, e mai bine sa ai programul incarcat decat nu. Arati SUPERB, Cristina! Si stiu ca vei face super bine in competitia ta! Abia astept sa vad pozele!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mult success in continuare. Cand mai ai timp si sa gatesti si tot? Wow, e incredibil cate faceti in fiecare zi. Arati minunat. Frumoase poze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si eu iti urez succes cu totul! 7.5este foarte repede sa fugi. Eu am fugit la 6.5 pentru cateva luni si stiu ca mi sa parut foarte rapid. Te pup si numai bine pentru tine prietena mea incredibila.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...