Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shake it off! (Mon workout)

Note: I decided to record my training days from hereon until the event. If it's boring, please skip it. It's mostly to record the journey and hopefully keep myself motivated prior to "the thing." And very likely, fun and funny to read post "the thing"! :)


So yesterday I got the blues, big time: got even more worried and jittery about this thing. Then I got a good talk from my husband, it helped but I was not there yet. Read, and read, and prayed and still not there. Remember, I was going to be able to leave a little early (with my working through lunch break) and get my workout in. Got to the gym, slurped down my GU 2 Gel (Gatorade pre-workout/prime gel, I was told this helps!), changed into my swim suit and went to work. Boy, I don't know if it was the gel or what it was but I swam 6 laps! Well, that did it! That cleared up all the clouds in my mind in heart! It was a wonderful moment for me!

You see, my initial goal for the event was 4. On Saturday I pushed a bit and swam 5 laps but with hick-ups (that is, mouthfuls of water and little stops here and there in the middle of the lane! LOL :)) so I was going to swim 5 "clean" ones. After this little success, got out of the pool, ran to the locker room, dried myself off, changed and went to the cycle studio which I had all to myself! Yay! Turned on Pandora and started SPINNING. Too bad I couldn't tell the distance covered...(for the event they'll attach computers to each bike to record it.) However, judging by the pace and cadence, I must have covered at least the same distance I did on Saturday, over 8 miles. Then ran upstairs, got on the treadmill and ran 1.90 miles. It was the first time I did all three legs together just like I will have to do the event. Gotta tell you there is something wonderful about finishing and still breathing (well, heavily breathing, but still! :-))

The parts I enjoyed the most about yesterday's workout:

_Doing that EXTRA lap (oh yeah!)
_Spinning in an empty dimmed light studio
_Cranking up the music in my headphones
_Going really fast!
_Feeling the sweat drip down my forehead and neck. Fun stuff! (Never thought I'd say that but here I am.)



So I shook those jitters off by going to work. If I could only remember this every time and DO IT! And not only for this tri training but for all the other "trainings" in my life.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing! I KNOW you'll do GREAT at THE event!:) Isn't funny how sweating can bring such great satisfaction?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo tie, Cristina! Cand citesc pe blogul tau despre cat de multe exercitii faci parca imi "faci si mie pofta". Dai un exemplu bun de o viata sanatoasa. Mersi!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...