Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Audition and other stuff

A while back I wrote about Ella auditioning for the Nutcracker production of the Lake Ballet Cities, a local ballet company affiliated to the Ballet Conservatory where she takes classes. This past Saturday she had her audition. She must have done very well, as when she was changing, the owner and director of the school stopped by and gave her kuddos. We never spoke to her before.

I, along with a bunch of other very chatty mothers waited in one of the studios with no way to peak inside the studio where the audition was taking place. After 45 minutes, she came out red faced but so happy and excited. She wanted to go home quickly so she can show me the parts (they did the Mice and the Angel parts.) She even had me turned off the radio in the car so she can think and remember the parts exactly.  I loved her enthusiasm and I hope that she makes it. We'll find out soon. Regardless, I'm proud of her for trying out because after all it is all about TRYING and DOING ONE's BEST.

She was happy with the bun I managed to pull. :) Hair gel, prayers, and patience all work miracles, I tell you!


Isn't she a cutie pie?

Can't tell you how happy and fortunate I feel to get to experience all the little and the big emotions that she goes through, at least for now when she allows me. We'll see about the teenage years but for now I will soak it all in! Because I really want to be there for her and with her through it all. Our hearts beat so close to each other, they're so special to each other. It is really hard to express a child's and mother's love for each other but you, mothers out there, know very well what I am talking about.

On to her first show-and-tell now: they were supposed to pick five items or pictures that represented their hobbies or interests and present them in front of their class so they can get to know each other better. She picked one of her drawings, an airplane/rocket, a little pointe/ballet shoe that belongs to her Build-a-bear cat, a book, and a plastic toy deer. Hrishi and I were delighted to listen to her rehearse (she wanted to.) Did a great job!


Let's see, in the random category: I made stuffed bell peppers (a beloved childhood recipe) but instead of ground beef, I used a concotion of Jennie'O ground turkey and wilted spinach. Lean and yummy: they turned delish!!

(This should be on our little food blog instead of here and I'm too lazy to post both places... .)

Hrishi found this while pruning our jasmine in the back. So cute! And I'm thinking to keep it and dress it up a bit for a little Easter decor table piece.


And this is what we do during our lunch breaks, if we don't swim or run. (Sure glad my training buddy is back in the groove with me! He calls me "Lee Jr." hahaha!! My trainer's last name is Lee. Yeah, I wish! :))

(I'm just about to burst out laughing here.)

On the same topic: I just had an "EUREKA" moment last night in the pool when I finally turned my head correctly out and back into the water after getting my breath. It just clicked! After so many failed attempts in the past when I just couldn't get it, it finally CLICKED! I was beyond ecstatic! Now I can swim a lap without stopping and I breathe correctly. I had this humongous smile stretched across my face when I got out of that pool!!! And while laying out there in the evening's soft sun drying up a bit, it struck me: it really boils down to working at it until you think you had enough. Yet you don't give up because deep down inside you have faith that it will work out, you believe that somehow it will happen. And it happened for me last night.  [And since I mentioned the soft sun, I am so grateful to be living here, in TX. This weather is so perfect for me, and for all three of us here, sun/heat lovers. After a couple of weeks for cooling down (perfect 65F temperatures in the mornings and high 80's for the afternoons), it's warming up again (up to 100F) and makes me smile because I like it warm, real warm and sunny.]

I love one of my wise hubby's sayings that goes like this: "Three steps to achieve anything you want: set goal, get knowledge, and practice."
And finally the link to an interview my trainer gave after he won a major Physique competition a month or so ago. Impressive and inspiring.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!! Kuddos to Ella for auditioning! That's a very important step whether she makes it or not (though I'm rooting for her :) She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
    And you NEED TO post that recipe on your food blog!:)
    And how nice to be able to work out with your best friend! Also congrats on the swimming! You inspire me so much. I have never learned how to swim, but it's always been on my "to accomplish" list. I hope I can one day muster the courage to go and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post. First, the pics of Ella are adorable. She's sure beautiful. I also hope she makes it.
    And you and Hrishi are so cute. I love seeing pictures with you and hearing of your successes. Did you get a trainer for swimming? I never had a trainer just my parents to teach me to swim. I love it but have no idea how to swim the "right" way. I would love to learn because water is my favorite and that would be my ideal workout.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...