Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Moments worth capturing

I think this is one of those: Ella climbed her 3rd wall (50 ft tall) at Lifetime last night; this was the "red-horn" wall, how she calls it. She has been eyeing it for a while and been practising to get to the top but she would never get past the red-hold ("red horn".) Although she was tired after a full day at summer camp, piano practice and all, she still wanted to go and she did. And not only did she go, but she conquered. The happiness and excitement she exuded last night as she walked into the kitchen and announced her victory were absolutely PRICELESS!

[On a funny note, both her and Hrishi were climbing side by side, and at some point when she thought daddy was going to make it to the top before her, she reached over and slightly pushed his arm off the hold he was hanging onto, and grabbed onto it herself, moving ahead and leaving daddy behind... :( ]


I really want for her to remember these precious experiences (the "reaching to the top" part, not the pushing daddy off...ha-ha!) These are some of the things she'll draw upon when things get tough and I'm sure they will.  Baby, I hope you can learn now that nothing is too hard when you work hard and give it your all. 

You fill our hearts with joy! I am so happy, grateful, and honored to be your mother along this wonderful earthly journey and in the thereafter. You make it so exhilirating and worthwhile! Love you, love you, love you now and forever, my sweet child!

1 comment:

  1. I think I would have a heart attack if my kid was up there!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...