Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Treat

I was pampered with yummy breakfast, roses, cards, and other special treats this weekend! So blessed to have such a great husband and daugther! Thank you so much for your love, for all that you do and put up with! I couldn't ask for more. I'm grateful for my wonderful Mother and Mother-in-law who never cease to amaze me with their selfless love and service. And I'm grateful that I can be a mom, too; that I can cook, clean, read, kiss, hug, give back rubs, and comfort in many other ways my sweet family. And not lastly, I'm grateful for the unmeasurable love that I get in return. Last night as we were winding down reading the wonderful articles in the Friend magazine (I absolutely love that magazine), we came across a special poem that made me tear up:

My Mother's Hands
By Lorie Barton

I’m thankful for my mother’s hands, which help me every day.
With her hands she shows me how to work and how to play.
It seems that when I need some help, her hands are always there
To tie my shoes, or make my lunch, or comb my messy hair.
Her hands know how to fix my bike and how to make my bed,
And how to find a scripture verse to ease my worried head.
I want my hands, like Mother’s, to serve others every day.
I want my hands to know, like hers, how to work and play.

I know that when she needs some help, my hands can help her too.
Because she’s taught me well, they know exactly what to do.
I’ll thank my mother for her hands and hug her really tight
And promise her to use my hands to always do what’s right.

Speaking of tearing up, we got a lot of those moments on Saturday morning as we "inaugurated" our first 1 mile family walk in the local walk/run in support of the Special Olympics children. It was a neat experience to see all those folks gathered in the early morning hours, chirping excitedly, all there for a special cause, all different age groups, sizes, t-shirt colors, yet all there to show love and support. There were quite a few emotional moments there as we watched parents and grandparents of special needs children either jogging or walking behind their precious wheel-chaired bound children. And then I once more counted my blessings for being, for being able to be there, for having fought my "I'm- not- a- morning-person" self and gotten up on time, and dragged Ella with us. Great opportunity to teach her about service and the many different faces of it, and of God's love that we felt so strongly throughout that morning.

A few pictures to capture the moments...

I am so very very grateful for my mother and her love and example to me. The sacrifices and service she rendered year after year in rearing and nurturing me! I love you mom, you mean the world to me! Love you for your energy and optimism, for your unwavering faith and testimony, for your great cooking and dancing! Mama, esti minunata!!!!!



And I'm very grateful for my dear mother-in-law who is so wonderful in so many ways! Thank you aai, for being so loving, so patient, for having such a great smile and being such a great cook and masseuse!!!!! :-)


3 comments:

  1. you are amazing. I am glad you had a great Mother's day. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La multi ani de ziua mamei! Ma bucur ca esti binecuvantata cu o familie atat de minunata! Pupici si va asteptam la noi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Si eu ma bucur ca ai avut o zi atat de frumoasa!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...