Friday, April 30, 2010

Busy busy

Move:
-Set move-in date & movers: check
-Change utility providers: check
-USPS address change: check
-Select paint colors: check
-Change address with current providers: working on it
-Select painter: still working on it...
-Order refrigerator: still working on it
-Shopping/selecting rugs: still working on it...
-etc. ...
The list goes on and on... lots to do but we're so excited! Can't wait!

Ella: will be attending private kindergarten at Primerose starting in fall. We're so excited as her teachers said she's ready and up for the challenge. Our concern was that maybe the challenge would be too big but they assured us she's ready. In less than six months she's learned and mastered things others have been learning over the past couple of years (having had the benefit of being at Primrose from their preschool, toddler/infant years.) This kiddo knows a ton of sight words, can count to a 100, can write all the numbers up to a 100, knows the coin denominations, can do additions and subtractions, and many other things. Amazing indeed and I give such much of the credit to her wonderful teachers, Miss Ashley and Miss Brenda. Miss Ashley's teaching style and perseverance helped Ella immensly in her transition to the new school. Grateful beyond words for such a sweet little girl we have! We love you, darling!!


Hrishi: is winning the dad of the year award again this year! Love to watch him spend time with Ella, take her to her swimming and gymnastics classes, coach her and be there for her every step of the way. He's so very busy at work but never fails to bring his best at home, never complains, has a cheerful and happy attitude which is so refreshing. He's been doing great with his golf game too! Hurray for all the (many) beautiful golf courses in the DFW area which he's happily exploring with his friends. He makes the best banana bread and muffins I've ever had, the best chicken/beef/lamb kobabs, and the yummies pan seared trout! He helps so much with house chores and he jokingly calls himself the best "houseband" in the world! Recently he launched a great initiative at work tied to simulation that's going to save the company tons of money. And not lastly, he's the most loving and supporting guy ever. And has a great sense of humor! Love you, honey! So happy to be in this together!

OK, I never want to write about myself but since I made the decision to document our life on this blog and make it into our family history (thanks to the Print to blog feature), here I am.
I've been a little better about eating healthy (at all times, I'm very good before 6 pm when I get home!) Still need a little more work on the excersise front. I've been eliminating most processed foods/ingredients from our daily meals which I think it's pretty great, thanks to my buddies here who are starting to love whole grain everything, buck-wheat pancakes, this will take us long ways. Also manage to have two leafy green/veggie sides with every meal. Work is going great, pretty busy with  more complex projects but I'm enjoying it. I'm so grateful for the growth opportunities and recognition, the people I work with and especially my boss. She's great! I've been doing good too on my daily scripture study so plugging right along. Hope and pray to keep it up.  I love being a mom and a wife as primary profession(s) and also having a challenging and fulfilling outside-the-home job/profession. I can see now that all those hard-working and sometimes heart-breaking and exhausting years at BYU have paid off.

We feel blessed beyond words and I pray to always remember and be the best that we can for all those around us.

1 comment:

  1. Draga mea, ce binecuvantata esti. Ai un sot minunat, un copil genial si servicii bune si o casa minunata in curand, ma bucur pentru voi si va uram ca si de acum inainte toate sa mearga snur. Va pupam!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...