Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Race downtown

This is how I wrapped up my busy work/home day this past Thursday: with a race. Downtown. In the rain almost.  Love, love, love to race. Against myself. Love to be among runners. Thursday was a little bit more special as all runners were women, just like me. Women in all shapes and sizes. Yes, really. Women of pretty much all ages. Women, busy women, crazy women who love to get out there and enjoy themselves.


High on endorphins. Definitely.  All the way. Personal record. Averaged a little over 11 minute/mile. (ran my half at 12:45 min/mile.) Finished my 10K in 1:08. Happy to the moon and back!!!!!!!!


My dear friend Andrea ran her first 5K. I am so so proud of her as she and her husband were in a car accident 45 mins before race start. Luckily they were fine. She still ran the race and had a good time. 


They had a open-air spa and champagne after the race. Of course, I had my own bubbly, a protein shake, but oh it was so fun to be out there.

Our finish jump!!



:)

Great times!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! What a neat race and you did it in such a great time! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff! Congrats and keep going, we're all inspired by you! :)

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...