Tuesday, November 13, 2012

C R A Z Y Busy Weekend

We had a marathon-like weekend.

Celebrated our 10th Indian Wedding Anniversay with a delicious Italian lunch:


Then we came home, packed and off we left for somewhere in Central Texas for the Warrrior Dash which turned out to be... an amazing experience: thirteen obstacles on a 5K cross-country terrain, most of them really hard, especially for someone like me who is scared of hights.  You can take a peak here at what the obstacles were like: http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_central_texas.php, hover over the pictures (two of the obstacles are not on the website.) Some of them were much harder than they looked. At any rate, it was really awesome to have Rishi and Sonia, a good friend or ours, run along side and push me when I needed it. You see, my sinuses and cold are still very much bothering me and I had to deal with my cough and running out of breath quite frequently during the race. I'm really happy though that I got to do it as I'd been planning and training for it for almost a year now. Finishing it up brought a great sense of accomplishment. As for the amount of mud and dirty water, it is hard to describe. Let's just say that it took a couple of heavy wash cycle on my washer to get the mud/sand out of my clothes and shoes.  Ella watched us crazy warriors with Sonia's husband who was kind enough and not-as-crazy-as-us, to babysit her while we did the race.

The "Before" pictures:

 

Bull-head/warrior hats! :)
 
 



Goofing around:
 
 
 
 
The Start:
 
 
 The "After" mess:
 
 
 
(As the official event pictures were pricey (they always are), I just cropped some out of the website. They have "do not copy" watermark all over them but considering these will not be published, I think I'm not breaking any laws. :))
 
 
This is before we left town....!! I made sure we had something to celebrate with, haha! :)
After the race we somehow made it back to Houston in record time for Ella's Nutcracker rehearsal. Here we are celebrating our victory in the car!



Then it was Ella's turn to perform. She competed in her second All Horse Show where she got her FIRST BLUE RIBBON (first place, that is.) She was very happy as she was wishing for a first place! We're very proud of her and her accmplishments in the equine field and not only. She also got one second place and two third place in the other three divisions she competed in.
 
First place come in for the pole jump/trot. It's funny as that's where she got fifth place in her first competition. Redemption day, I guess. :)



All tacked up courtesy to Hrishi who did it all by himself!!



Adjusting the stir-ups:

 


Warming-up
 




The three little girls in her division:

 

Showtime (Judges are in the middle of the arena.)




Ribbon-loaded! :)



Of course, the color she was most tickled about was that blue!! :)

Proud Daddy:



Proud Mommy:

 
Rider Extraordinnaire:

 
 
Rocking her Blue! :)
 
The little "shrine" she built at home :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...