Thursday, October 11, 2012

Days come and go

I find that days are passing faster and faster nowadays. It's Monday and then it feels like the next day is Thursday already, and then the weekend is there.  I love our busy life but I just wish we could slow it down a bit and stretch out the moments so we can soak more and more in. The other day we found Ella's birth keepsake box and in there, her first hospital little shirt and onesie!! They are so tiny that I almost could not believe my baby was that small... and that it was all seven years back.

When I came back from Omaha last Friday, I was handed these amazing love letters:

 
I was speechless when I first read them, I just teared up and wondered if I was really worthy of such love.... .
 
So getting home and having a free weekend with nothing planned was just wonderful. We watched  talks in each of the sessions of General Conference and I've been trying to get caught up with the rest. I really love that we had summaries/excerpts available right after the live sessions. And although we might have not paid attention 100% the entire time, I could feel the Spirit in our home and the peace and testimony that were flowing in by just allowing ourselves to hear the word. 
 
In between sessions we took Ella and her friend Noah from the ward out. They have had play dates before and enjoy hanging out together. They did a bunch of things from rock climbing, to horse feeding, soccer playing, to Halloween decor posing, and horse fighting (that was actually a bit scary. As it turns out you should never throw a treat to a horse on the ground, especially when there are other horses around. They do fight and kick galore!!)
 
 
And we enjoyed being the parents of two cute kids for a short while! :)

See? Happy mommy carrying water bottles. :)
 

Hrishi was just so cute clicking that I had to "pose." :)
 
 
 
Then came Monday with horseback riding lesson. Practiced diagonals a lot and some cantering. Notice jackets and long sleeve shirts, yes it's cooled down even down here but only temporarily. We're now back in the 90's. Now, I really don't mind that!!!! :)
 

"Scootering" around how she calls it. I just love how cool she looks with her half chaps on.
 
 
This girl has some moves! :)
 
 
Tuesday and Wednesday just flew by and here I am sitting on Thursday night with the latest updates. Speaking of updates, a ballet report is in order since horses have taken over our life lately. Nutcracker rehearsals are coming along great, lots of work from both the angels and their amazing instructor, Mr. Michael. Classes are going smoothly and everytime I think to myself that maybe ballet would be the one thing to give up on, when I see her do so well, I change my mind all over again.
Today Mr. Michael was out of town and they combined classes with an older class. It was a joy to watch these little ballerinas get help with form from their older "sisters." It was even more fun to watch them do the Pollichinelles part from the Nutcracker together. Ella was in heaven!!
 

(She is in the front/center in the burgundy leotard.)
 



 
 
The all loved this part of the booty shake! :)
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Super, super!!! Si notitele Ellei chiar ca iti topesc inima! Ce dulce e!!!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...