Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The worth of souls


Today we toured one of the elementary schools, trying to find a good fit for Ella. One of the things that was said made me ponder. As we were walking the hallways where the children's art and English and Science assignments were hanging, the staff pointed out how some children are more advanced and others are not or lacking... she pointed obvious differences in the children's productions. ...While the differences were obvious, seeing each child's picture next to the their assignment, made me think of a truth I hold so dear: "Remember, the Worth of Souls Is Great in the Sight of God", D&C 18:10.

Although we are evaluated and judged based on output and results in pretty much every area of our mortal life, let's remember the worth of souls and how precious each and eveyone of us is to Him, the Father of us all, regardless of our earthly physical or material merits, be it grades, paychecks, cars we drive, real estate we own, or trophies we earn. Let's try harder to see through the worldly "order" of things, and inside our neighbors' souls, love more and judge less.

(This thought, truth, or realization or call it whatever you'd like, is so much more important to me as I am a very competitive (with myself, mostly) person and I always push so hard for perfection, and push my sweet Ella to excel in all the things she's involved. I just need to remember this more often and focus on the value and worth of a soul more. If I just could just get a clearer glimpse of HOW MUCH HE TRULY LOVES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US, iunderstand that love more and more every day, and let it guide my every thought, action, and move.)


1 comment:

  1. I loved your post and thoughts on this. You are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...