Tuesday, March 27, 2012

In no particular order

We took pictures (lots of them) last week and weekend, just like we always do. They're in no particular order or highlighting any particular grand event. Just life, with its small yet beautiful moments.

Haircut...finally I got a haircut and color. I was looong overdue for that:

Tied to the hip...



Getting the breathing down...
(Swimming lessons starting tomorrow)

First time at the Houston temple in Klein... absolutely beautiful, peaceful, and filled with the Holy Spirit. You could have truly "cut" through how thick the Spirit felt. Amazing...! Walking around the temple grounds, talking about our blessings, about the temple, and immersing ourselves in the beautiful nature were just the perfect way to finish up the week. (And I'm really so grateful to my special guy who proposed that we go there after seeing me moping around sick.)




(Those corral shoes... I love; as tall as they are, you wouldn't think they're comfy but they are. I've been looking long and hard for a pair like that.)

(Watching a bug, and posing for momma, of course. :))

In the shadow of His temple:





First time visiting a beautiful Jain temple in nearby Stafford. The lights and the temple's reflection in the waterbed around it were just perfect. If only I could have captured the prayer chants ... really beautiful.




(I love this picture... so beautiful. It could be "Oriental passage"?)






In lomo:

(Picasa's new effects have sure helped turn our grainy pictures into some cool shots! :))

Yesterday after family home evening we drove about half hour to nearby Missouri City to check out the stables at Sienna Plantation. Ella will be starting horse back riding lessons there. She is over the moon about it.

This is it for today. I'll now move on to my wam bowl of chicken noodle soup, a personal favorite in times like these when the nasty cold monster strikes. Just when I had started feeling better with my neck/arm and was able to sleep, a lovely cold?!?! It's okay though because I know lots of sunny perfect days are coming and without trials big or small, I would not become the person that He has in mind.  Just the same is probably true, that without our personal efforts to welcome, embrace, and learn from our trials we would not become.  

2 comments:

  1. Superbe pozele!!! Sper ca raceala sa treaca super repede! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super poze iar pantofii aia rosii sunt mortali. Imi pare rau ca ai tot avut probleme de sanatate. Sper sa te faci bine in curand. Aratati toti asa bine si fericiti.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...