Saturday, March 24, 2012

Healthful eating

Or healthy or call it whatever, but I say (to mysef), just DO IT! :) I've been struggling a bit with making those healthy choices, but I recommitted myself to being even more disciplined than before. Lunch and dinners are back to green or colored veggies next to roasted or grilled meats (usually chicken, fish, or steak.) Breakfast are back to the "mother-of-all-protein" whole egg and egg whites with spinach or mushroom. A new beakfast option-- I tried this today and it is so good:


Last night I roasted this beautiful purple asparagus. We sprinkled some vegan parmesan on top. It was delicious, sweet and succulent.


This morning after my workout, I refueled with a scoop of whey protein, 1 cup milk, 1 cup fresh spinach and this healthy "concotion" I picked up at Whole Foods. (I didn't snap a picture of it because it didn't look too appetizing but who cares, it was good and HEALTHY.)

Lunch consisted of roasted zuchinni, yellow squash, green beans, and carrots, left-over asparagus, and turkey.

For dinner we're having chicken breast tenders on the grill with quinoa and spring mix salad. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...