Monday, November 28, 2011

The Nutcracker: ta-daaaaa!!!!!

We've been living and breathing Nutcracker for the past week or so, tech rehearsal week, dress rehearsal, and finally tonight, the BIG opening night, and Ella's big debut on the stage. Tonight was PERFECT!!! I couldn't have hoped for a more special experience for her and us, as parents and grandparents, all sitting in that 300 plus anxious and proud sea of family and friends, teachers, all eyes and ears pinned to that stage. The show was fantastic, every single dancer was top notch, same goes for the orchestra. Guest dancers were principal dancers, Julie Kent and Jose Manuel Carenas with the American Ballet Theater Company, famous and well-known in their guild.

So here it is:

The pictures are no order as I'm a bit too excited (and a bit tired) to have the patience and lay everything out in order. :) Sufficeth to say, it was a night to remember. That has brought tears of joy and gratitude to my eyes, to see my baby up on that stage along with all those wonderful little or not so little dancers, all with fire and passion in their eyes and hearts for this beautiful art of the classical ballet.

Ready to rock'n roll:

The night before dress rehearsal, she was ready then!

Excited to be in her costume, finally:


With her dear mamaie:

The beautiful headpiece wrapped around the bun:


Getting her lipstick on:

With her good friend, Jana:

All of the Saturday show Cherubs:


Home late, after the show:

Very proud grandparents with one cute ballerina:






It was magical and beautiful in every single way.
Today I was up for a wonderful treat (again): I got to watch the ballet encore with my sweet ballerina so she can enjoy the show from the audience. I'm so glad we went: she soaked it all in!!! Quite amazed how still she sat and emotionally participated in the whole thing. She had a favorite student teacher she cheered for fervently. I did too. [And while sitting there with her on my lap and clapping in frenzy almost, I realized once more how very very much I love ballet. Funny little story: when I was in middle school I used to pretend to be a ballerina and would dance  on classical music after school, before my parents would come home from work. It was my little secret! :)]

Here's to many more Nutcrackers, to attend and to be part of!

4 comments:

  1. Ce balerina adorabila. Mi-au placut toate pozele. Felicitari Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun for her!!! Pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Ella was gorgeous! Bravo ei! I'm a bit sad because Alex doesn't want to do ballet anymore. We went a couple a days ago just to let the teacher now and say good bye (the lessons aren't even finished for this school term but she just didn't want to do it anymore). :( Great job Ella, keep up the good work! It looks like for us it's going to be judo and maybe street dance! :)

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...