Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Last weekend happenings...

Last weekend was so full and fun!

After swimming and playing (to be read as "working-out" as far as Hrishi and I were concerned and "kid playing" for Ella, of course), my two adventurers, Hrishi and Ella, packed up the cooler with lots of yummy snacks, water, and juice, and headed south of Forth Worth to a safari-like park, called Fossil Rim http://www.fossilrim.org/. Beautiful, beautiful place with lots of wild animals roaming free and acting unusually friendly to humans!

They had animals eat off their hands (deer and antilope), and chew the car side mirrors just to get attention, those temperamental zebras! :)



The pictures they took are awesome. That's how I got to vicariously enjoy their adventure. :)) My heart fills with gratitude for God's amazing creation just by looking at these beautiful animals. Needless to say that Ella had a wonderful time bonding with deer, goats and the like. This child LOVES animals with all her being. You can see it in her eyes.

And while they did all this, I got the house in order: I did laundry, dishes, mopped floors, dusted, and did some good old "foot-stomping" a.k.a rug cleaning/scrubbing out on the deck! It was fun! With our 105+ temperatures, the hose water felt so nice and warm to my feet and I imagined that I was at the pool! :)

Nice clean rugs, huh??

Then on Sunday I must have gotten some stomach bug or something, because I felt really sick... it lasted through the day and night but I was better on Monday when I went in to work out and shake the sucker off. Life is great! 

1 comment:

  1. Cat de frumos!!!!! Imi place tare mult poza cu Ella hranind animalele! E o scumpica!:)
    Ma bucur ca te simti mai bine! Te pup!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...