Friday, August 26, 2011

Inspiration

I love the Mormon Women Project here http://www.mormonwomen.com/! It's on my favorite things to read on almost a daily basis. I love how they bring some many different women's real lives into the spotlight; they all have such diverse backgrounds, ideas, insights, but a common faith and love for God and His Gospel. Reading their stories of personal faith and resilience in life makes me appreciate the vastness of the Gospel across the world and how it touches so many different lives in so many different ways. Two of these stories, in particular, have recently struck a chord in me:

First one is "Unexpected Motherhood", http://www.mormonwomen.com/2010/03/17/unexpected-motherhood/. I learned so much from this amazing woman's story about how doing what feels right to us through the Spirit can be so rewarding, about breaking the norm and creating our own "normal" or normality.

The second one, "A Champion Inside and Out" http://www.mormonwomen.com/2011/08/24/a-champion-inside-and-out/ speaks so much to me at this point in my life where getting fitter and stronger have become so important. Reading through her story, I kept nodding my head... and if I were to highlight one great point she makes, this statement would be one: "Through strength-training, I’ve learned to put my mind to something, believing that I can do it, and then to not allow doubt and thoughts of failure to creep in." I would extrapolate that to physical training in general. Another great quote from the article where she actually quotes her personal trainer is: "You will find that training like this [hard] will develop your mental strength.” So true.

(Click/type those links in your browser. I think you will enjoy their stories.)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I've never heard of this site, but I'm excited to check it out! I too believe that physical exercise is a great brain booster and pretty much everything about our health is influenced by it. Highly recommended stuff!:)

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...