Monday, August 1, 2011

Fancy Nancy: dress-up party

Ella and I had a really good time this Saturday at one of her little friends' dress-up birthday party! (This was only a few hours after the morning event and although I was so tired and was craving for some recovery time, I'm so glad I went with her! (But wait, I didn't really have a choice as Hrishi informed me that he would not take Ella to an all-girls dress-up party!) Anyway, it was really cute (and FANCY!) We were welcomed at the door by a lady wearing a fancy hat and adressing to us in a almost perfect British accent! (Well, that was a bit intimidating to me at first, I must admit.) The house was decorated to match the theme of the party. After dressing up, they were served "tea" (pink lemonade) from gorgeous tea silverware, fairy bread, carrots and apple slices by their own buttler (who was the father of the birthday girl. This guy took his job really seriously!) They learned tea etiquette, then danced, made bead necklaces, changed a few more times, had cake, and danced some more.

Ella was really good at holding her pinky up while drinking the "tea" and tapping the corners of her mouth with the napkin! The birthday girl even did her "make-up" to her delight: a bit of eye shadow and chapstick.

I must say I was impressed with the preparations. Ella was too, and she's been talking about having her own dress-up party (but with boys too?!!!) close to her birthday. Good thing I got the referral for the place where they rented much of the paraphenalia. I had a great time too, watching all the cute little girls have a ball and enjoying the beautifully decorated home (aside from the party themed-stuff) they had. I think I got a few ideas to implement in our home! (You know, I'm always in search for those but as many as I gather I hardly ever get to implement... . Some day!)

And the night before the party we baked and decorated these beauties:

(Shh, they're sugar cookies! But they're whole wheat!)

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN party!!! I love girly girl stuff (most of the time :)
    And the cookies look beautiful and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...