Sunday, July 3, 2011

Super cute lunch box ideas!

Lunchbox packing has been a big part of our lives ever since Ella started on solids and was diagnosed with severe food allergies, which is pretty much since she was nine months old. I was always one (of course, along with all the good and health conscious mothers out there :-)) to plan and feed Ella healthy and diverse foods. With her growing up and being exposed to more and more foods, and with me growing up and learning more and more about nutrition and allergy-free cooking, I'm always in constant need for inspiration on how to put together her lunchboxes. No, I don't get a break not even once in a while that some of us parents out there may have by sneaking in some lunchables. [Boy, wouldn't that be nice???] but hey, this is our life and we love it with challenges and all. :) I recently found quite a few wonderful resources in the blogosphere, but one in particular caught my eye. This wonderful woman and mother of allergic children makes some pretty spectacular and healthy lunchboxes and is kind enough to share them with the world!

I'm posting a few pictures so you get the idea!! Really excited to try these and I'm sure Ella will find them enticing too.


Recipes found at  http://allergickid.blogspot.com/p/lunchboxes.html

(I also recently added a bunch of links to our blog for allergen free cooking recipes and resources from parents going through the same. Food allergies are a serious condition and something can't and should not be ignored.) Really lucky or blessed I should say to have the myriad of useful info out there on the internet at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...