Monday, June 13, 2011

This is it! #750790



I'm finding that in order to conquer fears, get rid of excuses, and just stop waiting for the "whichmahcallit" big thing to come knock at my door, I just have to DO IT! (Yes, just like the good old Nike slogan, "Just do it!") I just need to commit and get to work. So today after some deliberation, with mixed feelings ranging from exhilaration, pure joy, jump-off-the-walls type hype, to "OMgosh, what did I just do???", "am I crazy?", "how on earth I'm going to swim laps?", etc., etc. etc., I signed up for my first indoor triathlon at Lifetime Fitness in September. It's a 30min bike/20min run/10min swim deal all indoor.

Got to save the date:


One of the main reasons I decided to do this as opposed to a outdoor (real) triathlon is my fear of open waters swim... so here it goes, it's official: I now have something bigger than my weight loss to work towards. I'm so excited!!! (And to set the record straight: I'm not a swimmer, I can barely swim but hope to improve technique and breathing with this effort.)

(And...I'm trying to convince Hrishi to sign up for it too as he's weighing his other option to go do something similar with the Elders' Quorum in our ward. Can you blame me? I want a training buddy!!!)

Life is good!
(750790 is my registration #.)

4 comments:

  1. You go, girl!!!!!!!! You're amazing!!! At least you can swim- I can't at all, indoor or out.:) I'm so excited for you! Make sure Hrishi and Ella take lots of pics! And I'm sure you'll "convince" Hrishi into doing the thing with the Elders' Quorum too. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. URAAAAAAA!!!!! Bravo! O sa reusesti cum ai reusit si pana acuma tot ce ti-ai propus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicitari, Cristina! Ma simt motivata cand vad ce lucruri bune scrii despre cum te simti. Abia astept sa aud cum a fost. Si eu sunt in aceeasi situatie ca si Ioana: nici eu nu pot sa inot nici inauntru nici afara:) Dar reusesc sa ma balacesc si eu putin:) Succes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mult succes, Cristina!!! Una din cumnatele mele tocmai a facut asta si a spus ca a fost greu, dar s-a simtit asa bine la final, atat fizic cat si emotional. Imi place ca esti asa activa!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...