Friday, May 27, 2011

So what's new?

The past couple of weeks have been pretty fast and furious. Only two days after landing from our India vacation, I had to pack up for a three-day business trip to good ol' Omaha. Aside from getting some things/meetings done for work, I managed to get back to my exercise routine thanks to the jetlag! It sure felt good to wake up at 5 am every morning and get on the treadmill... the only downside was that I would hardly get any shut eye at night... oh well, can't have it all, right? ;-) Luckily, Ella and Hrishi have adjusted much easier and faster than me. So we picked up from where we left off with piano and ballet lessons. Last Saturday I got some help with doing Ella's hair for her recital, yay! This was somewhat a big stress factor for me (I do worry a LOT!): you see I'm supposed to do a French bun out of the short hair she has! Thanks goodness for those wonderful ladies/costume mistresses at her ballet school who gave me some really good tips, and of course, for the hair gel and extra firm/hold hair spray!!

A first attempt here...


She looks so different with her hair pulled up... I love my little ballerina!


I have some pictures of her in her darling costume but I'm yet to download those from my Cannon. When I do, they'll be in here. Here they are!




On my fitness front, I AM SO HAPPY TO REPORT THAT I HAVE MET MY WEIGHT LOSS GOAL! I was reading someone's success story on Livestrong and they said that when someone told them "You have lost a lot of weight!" it sounded better than an "I love you!". Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but boy IT FEELS amazing to have gotten here! It's been quite a ride, with many ups and downs, mostly ups due to a loving and supportive family and amazing trainer who coached me day in and day out and instilled some great habits in me. The great thing about this is recognizing that meeting a weight loss goal is not the end. I know it's not, not for me. I am taking up training for long(er) runs while strength/weight training will continue to be my focus. Sometimes I just think about all this and I almost don't recognize myself, not only physically, but mentally. It makes me so happy to be this new person and encourages me to keep on working on things I can improve not only in the fitness arena but in many other areas of my life where I'm lacking. Last year, when I started all this, someone told me that this next year was going to be one of the best ever for me. Well, that prediction came true.

And a few more pics from a dear friend's birthday party and play date!




Looking forward to a fun Memorial Day weekend of relaxation: a zoo trip and putt-putt golf are on our cal for now. Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! :)

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE reading your blog! You have no idea how much you inspire me! Thank you!
    And a big CONGRATS on meeting your weight loss goal!!! That's huge! I agree with you that we shouldn't stop there. :)
    And you did such an amazing job on Ella's hair! You're amazing! Pupici!
    ps: I worry A LOT too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, bravo BRAVO my dear friend! Ce ma bucur pentru ca ai putut sa slabesti. Felicitari din nou tu esti o inspiratie tuturor. Mult succes incontinuare cu toate clasele pentru Ella:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo pentru minunatele schimbari pe plan fizic. Sa o tii tot asa. Si ce draguta e Ella cu parul in coc. Adorabila de ea.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...