Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lake Cities Ballet, Sleeping Beauty, and Legoland

Last night was a night to remember, first time for Ella to attend a full-fledged ballet performance, Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty by the Lake Cities Ballet Theater. This ballet company recruits and trains at the Ballet Conservatory of Lewisville where Ella goes for her classes. The performance was stunning: the dancers, the music, the costumes, the choreography, everything was really good! Ella was excited through it all although initially I thought that she may get tired or bored, it was a four-act ballet after all: two and a half hours. We loved watching the dancers tell the most beloved story of the Sleeping Beauty through their graceful body movements. A true delight! I love arts.  Dance and ballet, in particular, always touch a very deep string in my heart. I had watched a similar performance but by the Dallas ballet last year and it was very comparable in quality. Hrishi was happy to come with us although I could tell he was a bit bored at times or hard to contain himself with a smile or laugh when the guys were performing! How can I make him like (male) ballet dancers?!???! :-) I think they're awesome!!!! He was a great sport through it all though and happy that Ella enjoyed it as much as she did. He did warn me though, next time we only need two tickets.



Ella kept saying that she wanted to perform on that stage someday, and so we told her it's really up to her and that if she keeps practising and working as hard as she has been so far, sky is the limit. This morning still excited about the performance as her teacher and her assistant teachers were in the ballet as the Queen and the Lilac Fairy, Ella got up and made two beautiful cards for them. I'm really happy and grateful that she never hesitates to compliment and thank others. I knew she was going to be more focused and pay more attention this morning in her class, as she got a glimpse of the recital atmosphere at last night's performance. Her recital is on June 7th and their theme is Circus Gallop. It'll be fun, I'm sure! I already got to see pictures of the costumes and they are very cute.

Today after the first session of General Conference for which I'm so grateful, especially because we get the opportunity to hear the Lord's prophets from the comfort of our home, we got to go to LegoLand Discovery Center that has opened three days ago at our nearby mall in Grapevine Mills. You see, I had bought tickets back in January after hearing all the hype about it. And I'm sure glad I did, it was well worth it. Plus because I bought them so far in advance, we actually got them discounted. Ella was in paradise for the two hours we were there. She had such a blast building and re-building car models, farms, castles and the such, running and sliding on the playground, and watching a 4-D movie (which really was the best, complete with winds, snow, and rain effects! We enjoyed it all just as much.) So we walked out of there with an annual pass. Only 5 mins away from our house, this is real good entertainment to enjoy during hot summer or cold winter days.


Now off to tiding up the house as tomorrow we have a dear family from our ward come by to watch the morning session of the Conference and have lunch together. 

I look forward to sitting down and taking some good notes, hopefully. I'm ready for Ella with her coloring and General Conference related games and based on how she did today with all that, I think we may have good chances to enjoy tomorrow's talks :)

1 comment:

  1. Men in stocking...now there lies the problem. Girls with their pretty dresses and elegant moves is charming. Boys should stick to gymnastics at the most, now that I can watch and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...