Monday, March 14, 2011

A nice discovery and weekend business

Yesterday after asking around in church for picturesque surroundings in our area that would be good for family pictures, we were told about this park, just a few streets away from us. It was a wonderful discovery... the park had a lovely creek with huge stepping stones lining it. And since it was a park, it had a playground. A real nice one with climbing wall and all. Of course, Ella went right to work. :)
It was a perfect little Sunday afternoon outing: nice and quite, you could only hear the water flowing through the rocks. Oh, how I love nature! We took some "casual" pictures just because we couldn't pass on the beautiful surroundings but with our phone cameras...[I know not ideal but I think they turned out ok.] We're definitely going back!



Ella gave a talk on prophets yesterday and she did an astounding job. This was her second time but first time since we moved into the ward. Here's her talk:

-Heavenly Father and Jesus gave us prophets because they love us.
-The words of the prophets are found in the scriptures. They teach us the Gospel.
-I know we have a living prophet today; his name is President Thomas S. Monson. We can listen to him in General Conference.
-Now I will bear my testimony: "I know the church is true, that God loves me and my family and I love Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

She "illustrated" the talk with Gospel Art posters. Although she was nervous, she managed to still keep her signature smile on throughout sacrament and right before her turn. Hrishi and I watched from the back row. So proud of her! We love you baby! Just pray for mommy and daddy to be there for you and continue to teach you the Gospel. I pray for your sweet tender testimony to continue to grow stronger and stronger and light up your life, always. You are absolutely amazing!

Before...

She posed for me after in front of the church building. She was snacking on some skittles, as it's our "customary after-church" snack for her to have a little piece of candy, happy as can be that she was through! :) Later on she told me that they gave out candy and chocolate in Primary that she couldn't have so I'm glad I took those skittles with me. What's really sweet is that last night when I was putting her to bed, a family from the ward who apparently serves in Primary rang our door bell and dropped off three little candy boxes (Nerds) for Ella as they realized she didn't get candy that day, like all the other children. That touched my heart. I need to thank those folks!

After...

On Saturday after ballet, Hrishi and Ella went to the zoo. Loved it as always. This time around, Ella was very interested in reptiles, probably because they were welcoming visitors at the entrance with baby gators and snakes.


And while they were at the zoo I went to this amazing friend's baby shower who "happened" to have served a mission in Romania a few years back. It was great seeing her and catching up with everyone in our old ward. You see, that's how I met Anna: when we first moved to Dallas/Coppell she and her husband were in the same ward. She is simply amazing!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful park!!! And it must be quite warm since you guys wear shorts!!! Not fair! lol
    How sweet of them to drop off candy for Ella! Some people really get it!:)
    And last, but definitely not least, Cristina you look AMAZING!!! Hot mama!!!:)
    Such a beautiful family! Pupici!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet talk she gave. Did she learn it by heart or read it? She's amazing. I love the park you found and all the pictures you guys took. I too am jealous for all the warm weather. And you DO look AMAZING! :) Mua!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nu-mi vine sa cred ca copacii vostri sunt deja in floare. Ce frumos si cald arata!
    Printesa ta in rochita ei de primavara imi incalzeste inima:) Tare frumoasa!!!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...