Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dr. Seuss Week!

I love how all schools across U.S. celebrate "National Read Across America Day" on Dr. Seuss ' birthday, March 2nd. Ella's Primrose school had a sleuth of fun activities throughout this week that just made every day special and to look forward to. Monday was "mismatched clothes day", Tue was "crazy hair day", Wed was "funny hat day" with a visit from Sister Cat who did tricks and danced for the kids, Thu/today was "mystery readers day" (this is my favorite one!), and Fri will be the finale with lots of games and breakfast for lunch!

I was a "Mystery" reader last year when we first got introduced to this school celebration and looked forward to doing it again. I love to read to her and know how happy she gets when I pop in unexpectedly, so today "voila!", I showed up as the first "mystery" reader in her class. Her huge smile splashed all over her adorable face was the BEST and just made my day! She was so excited and immediately picked up a chair and sat next to me in front of the classroom. She was also my sweet helper and held up the books to show her friends the illustrations. We read two Dr. Seuss books I never read before. They were really funny.





The kids loved the stories and asked questions about words that were unfamiliar... luckily I was able to explain them well (I hope!) ;-) You see, this is also kind of challenge for me, as I'm not a born public speaker, especially because English is not my native language. I take the challenge every time though in hopes to turn this weakness of mine into a strength (someday.) But again, that precious smile of hers is worth going to the end of the earth and back.






3 comments:

  1. Ce scumpa e. Imi place si caciulita. Si bannerul cu ea in mov. E tare de tot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Si noi am avut aici "World Book Day" in 3 martie. :-)
    Ti-am admirat si celelalte posturi, dar in fuga, n-am apucat sa comentez. Dar tu sa stii ca mai trec pe aici din cand in cand si imi place ce gasesc! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...