Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's

Where do I start? We had a full past week and weekend and I'm so glad that today we get to celebrate one of my favorite holidays (I know, I know, I'm sappy!)--Valentine's Day!!! So Happy Valentine's Day!

Let me rewind: Saturday night we went out to the Dallas Children's teather and watched a great production, "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs", a very neat and smart twist on the traditional story. Loved it, laughed so hard! We then went out to Whole Foods for a quick but yummy dinner, picked up our Valentine's Day flowers and headed home. It was magic, just loved spending that time together.

Yesterday/Sunday I gave my sacrament talk on the Book of Mormon, the Keystone of our Religion. And although I'm so glad I had the opportunity, I felt so relieved when it was done. I loved preparing for it as it's probably the best gospel topic one can be asked to speak on, but standing and speaking in front of the entire ward was no small feat for me. Although I have done it so many times in the past, I still get just as nervous every time. But as I stood there, the Spirit once again bore powerful testimony to me of its truthfulness and power in my life and I'm so grateful for that testimony, and for the book. Back to my nerves now: my sweet Ella offered such wonderful prayers at lunch and before heading out to church so I could give a good talk and not be nervous. (Yes, she is the best daughter I could ask for!) While we're waiting for my turn to come, Hrishi told me that she got so nervous that she wanted to walk out in the hallway. How cute and silly is that? :-) I just love her to pieces! Hrishi was able to manage her anxiety by offering up his new iPhone for a few coloring jobs and that did the trick. Only after I was done, she lifted up her head and gave me the biggest and best smile ever! (I tried to decipher it and I think it was a smile full of love, joy, and RELIEF!!! ("You did it, mommy!!!") I probably felt the same relief! After church, Hrishi made the best steak fajitas ever, while Ella and I baked cookies and brownies.

(My favorite flowers: polianthes/tuberoze, I simply adore their strong enticing fragrance.)
Ella's pick was the classic and classy red/white/pink roses. What a perfect choice!)



I am so happy, I feel so blessed and grateful for everything I have in my life. I used to think or live sometime in the future, or hope for one day when this or that would be different, but I've learned to live in the present, and soak it all in, treasure it and be present in my present life, simply because life is a gift and no matter what great things the future holds, all you really have is the "right now and right here."

It was a priviledge and one of the best valentines one could get to hang out and have lunch, first with my little sweetheart, Ella, at school where they had a special Valentine's Day luncheon; then pick up my other sweetheart and hang out at a favorite BBQ joint. Love you both!

Ella's classroom on Valentine's Day.
(I've also gained an increased appreciation for teachers and all they do for our children. Thank you, Mrs. Larkey!)
These are the valentine's we made for her favorite teachers.(We inserted a little bottle of fragrant hand lotion in a little bag that is gently held by two carefully cutout handprints (Ella's of course.))


Here are some additional crafts we worked on:

Heart rose/flower lolipop:

Little white mouse (Ella made this little guy with very little help from me):

4 comments:

  1. Ce frumos ati petrecut. Imi plac toate pozele. Esti tare ca le-ai si pus in post. Am o lene in mine ca nu cred ca o sa fac post cu valentine's o perioada. hahaha
    Te pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ce frumos!!! Si cat de scumpa a fost Ella in timpul cuvantarii tale! :) E o dulceata!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ce frumos e postul si ce frumos v-ati distrat. Imi plac mult crafts ce ati facut si felicitarea colaj de Valentines Day. Si noi am avut o zi frumoasa. O sa scriu si eu un post mic :) Te pup si mersi de comentarile pe blogul meu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imi place cum ai spus sa straiesti in clipa si momentele de acum si sa te bucuri de ceea ce ai acum decat sa astepti pana mai in viitor. Si eu pretuiesc fiecare minut cu familia mea si ma bucur de tot ceea ce avem mai ales sanatatea noastra.
    Super pozele si ziua indragostitilor:)

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...