Friday, February 4, 2011

Love baking

You name it: apple pies (and I never make my own crust: I don't have the time or the skill, plus Pillsbury is my best friend so I use theirs!), chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc. They're not close to professionally looking (I mean for the cakes) but they're yummy and safe for Ella to eat. Snowy and freezing cold days like these are perfect for baking. Today we made chocolate chip cookies (I used the Divvies' recipe but added some oatmeal and coconut flakes and the batter felt a little runny?) They are absolutely scrumptious! For folks like us this recipe book is a treasure!

I'm excited to try all her recipes. She is just a really amazing person and I'm so grateful that she took her son's Benjamin's food allergies and turned them into a great opportunity to help others (especially children) to enjoy the simple pleasures of eating a good (and healthy) treat without being scared for their life.


And on the same topic (of baking) another family favorite is baked veggies (cauliflower, carrots, and zuchinni.) We usually add sweet potato to the hearty mix but today being (my) low carb day, I didn't add sweet potatoes. To mix it up a little, I added bacon bits, toffutti cheese, and French fried onions. Yum, it turned out great.


And this is what I'm looking at as I'm typing this... it's pretty you know but ballet classes are cancelled again tomorrow...



3 comments:

  1. Love it! Love you! Si postul anterior e minunat! Ce plina de energie, imaginatie si creativitate esti tu draga mea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ce de zapada! Ce frumos dar stiu cum e cand vrei sa iesi si nu poti sa conduci de ghiata. Asa e si cand ninge la Seattle. Frumoase si toate desenele Ellei. Mi-ai dat o idee sa fac la fel cu ale lui Daci. Te pup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abia astept sa-ti incepi blogul de mancare si sa pui toate retetele astea minunate!!!:) Ce fel de alergii are Ella?
    Si cata zapada!!!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...