Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Compassion and a treasure

Compassion is something I always yearned and wished to have more of. When I think of my Savior, the first thing that comes to mind is His infinite compassion. I want to have more compassion and I want for Ella to be a very compassionate human being. She is very sensitive to other's needs and she is probably more compassionate than I think.  I've been faithfully following this little wonder (and wonderful) boy's story, "Super Skyler" on his blog kept by his good mother. A few days ago while I was reading his blog update, Ella peaked over out of curiosity and pictures of a little boy covered in tubes every which way, immediately caught her eye. She started asking what was wrong with him. So I told her Sky's story. Every single night/morning prayer since has included Sky. I was deeply touched by how sad she felt for him, having never met him and how fervently her prayers are in his behalf. She'd say "Mommy, I know Jesus is working on making a miracle for Sky right now. It's a big thing so it may take a little while, but He's working on it." I think probably one of the best traits that we can develop during our mortal experience is compassion or charity. Think of how this world would be like if we each had a little bit more of it.

Now on to the treasure part of this posting... I love family home evening. Recently since with our Advent Calendar activities, we have been able to make family home evening a little more dynamic. Last night we made cards and baked cookies for teachers. It felt busy (well, probably because I was cooking my and Ella meals for today at the same time :)), but oh it was so fun. Then after sharing a couple of scriptures, Ella and Hrishi played games on my Droid and had a lot of fun giggling and cuddling on the couch. I loved that, I could actually feel the togetherness they were sharing. I loved the freshly baked cookies smell (I only had a little cookie!), peace in our living room (no TV or other distraction, just us playing, talking, cooking, being there together.) This is such a special treasure.I'll always hold on to.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how right you are about compassion. What a sweet, sweet girl you have. It just breaks my heart what that little boy goes through and others like him. So much grief out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madita, te pup dulce! Yes, there's so much (too much) grief out there. Ce mai faci? Trebuie sa vorbim weekendul asta! Pupici multi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, ce frumos Cristina! Sunteti o familie minunata si va admir! Ella e grozava!!! :-) Pupici!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...