Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life and Beach trip

've been thinking of all the different things I have to do as a mother and a person and to be honest many times I feel overwhelmed with meal preparations for the next school day (those darn allergies), dinner making, laundry, house cleaning, unorganized closets, undone exercise, undone scripture study, and the list of "undone" continues.... . With a full-time job outside the home, these appear (at least to me) even more daunting as I almost always find myself running out of time to do this or that, or am too tired to do it altogether. But a couple of days back it struck me: THIS IS IT! This the time, my time, our time as a family to go through it all, easy or hard - this is our life and our work and our family and I'm going to choose to enjoy it rather than feel overwhelmed because of it... just as the scripture in Alma 34: 32 says: "this life is the time for men (and women and children) to prepare to meet God." And I made a very personal resolution to prepare with a happy heart and to try to ignore the tiredeness or frustration that comes with living in our world, to just soak in the happy moments because there are truly lots of those. (Also I have to admit that I actually enjoy cooking very much, it's just the menu planning that stresses me out sometimes.)

So here's to happy moments, to life!


She drew her first hop scotch herself...


Sidewalk art

New sleeping bag (she camped in our bedroom)

Showcasing presents from grandma


Morning walk

At the gym


Feeding cute creatures

More cute creatures

Getting ready for bed

Speaking of happy moments, we had a great time on our little weekend getaway to Houston and Galveston. I got to see the beach for the first time in many many years (probably 15?) and Ella love it all! We got to hang out with our dear friends Anuja and Kalpak (whom we'll dearly miss as they're moving overseas...), play in the sand and ride the waves at Stewart beach, and just have a good time relaxing and not thinking of anything much. I love those kind of trips. We even ventured to eat out at Chili's as they had a allergy free menu for Ella's needs. Luckily (we thank God for it) there were no surprises, that is no cross-contamination and she was able to enjoy her fajitas and steamed brocolli. Being at the beach reminded me of childhood vacations my parents and I used to go on to Venus, Mamaia, Saturn, Olimp, all beach resorts on the Black Sea. Great times! We'll be coming back, Galveston!


We're in heaven!

"Spa" treatment coming up: are you ready?




Where is the rest of my legs????

Market Place in The Woodlands

Suparate???



We will miss you...


Vicarious fishing

1 comment:

  1. Alt post tare frumos. Si pozele sunt superbe. Ma bucur ca ati fost la Galveston. Intr-adevar e o fericire sa fii la mare, apa calda, nisip, amintiri de neuitat pentru Ella cum au fost alea de la Mamaia si alte plaji pentru noi.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...