Friday, May 21, 2010

Flicka and the like

As I was walking out of Walmart yesterday, I saw this movie poster sign advertising Flicka, a story about a horse (judging from the picture on the poster...). The reason this drew my attention is that Ella has been naming all her figurine toy animals by adding an "a" to the noun denoting the actual name of the animal, for example, "Bunna" (for her pink singing bunny from mamaie and tataie), "Elephanta" (for the cute Elephant from Anuja and Kalpak), and most recently "Cowa" for the newly found treasure/miniture plastic cow. It just cracks us up. I bet "Flicka" really comes from "Flicker" (or maybe not) but after seeing that title, I started to appreciate a bit more Ella's newly adopted naming convention for her toys! (BIG SMILE HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...