Monday, April 12, 2010

Big Girl

Ella loves..
 -Picking out her clothes (and changing them about 2-3 times a day)
 -Putting on berretts, clips, head bands or other any other hair accessories.
 -Picking out her own books at the library.
 -and now more recently the color of nail polish that she'd like to try!!! (I didn't lure her into this as I  myself
am not a big nail polish user of but she firmly said that she'd really like her finger nails AND toe nails colored in pink and blue. So I conformed and got her blue nailpolish as we already had pink in the house. I think deep inside I was just excited for this as she was as I get to do the girly girl things I used to do in college with friends and roommates all over again (for many years to come with my own little girl.) Can't believe she's ready for makeovers! Yeay for having a girl!!!
And she's growing in other (more meaningful) ways. Yesterday she gave her first talk ever in Primary at Church. She did great, Hrishi and I could not believe how relaxed and brave she was. Her topic was the restoration of the Church by Joseph Smith. She told the story of the First Vision and talked about the blessings of the restored gospel (priesthood, temples, fulness of the scriptures) and bore her testimony. She used the Gospel Art visuals throughout which I think helped her remember what to say. Amazing little girl we have here! She's also a missionary--she often talks about God and church with her friends at school. Yesterday we had Ward Conference and had the opportunity to hear our stake leaders for the first time. The stake president attended primary and actually sat by her. She was so exicted about her talk and couldn't contain it: she was telling him that it's the first time for her and that she was going to use the pictures, etc. We were watching from the back of the room. We just love her to pieces!

An update on the house... our beautiful house (not YET ours...) we're still negociating, I just hope it ends soon. We submitted another offer after they (finally) came back/responded and we're waiting... Hate this wait but I hope it's worth it and we'll get this house in the end.
I owe posting some pics here from Easter, tomatoe planting, and others. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...