Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let it snow...

It's been snowing in good ol' Omaha for the past 36 hrs continuously and is going keep coming down through tomorrow evening: winter storm/blizzard weather alerts throughout the state... The joys of living in the midwest... However this has been a great place for us with lovely and kind people. We love it as it is our first home. It's that kind of love like your first love... well the comparison may be a bit of a stretch. But honestly I think Omaha will always have a special place in our hearts. Ella loves it and it's home for her. She's a Corn Husker baby who by the way got it in her little head that we should have another baby, maybe a Texas baby...she is actually been telling her preschool teacher and a few other acquaintances that mommy is expecting a baby. Funny kid she is! We're always amazed at the cute things she comes up with!
Back to Omaha, we really liked it all except for the winter weather that I could never get accustomed to, way too cold, way too harsh.

As we're approaching Christmas, I hope I can keep the Spirity of giving, of love, and of peace with me every day until Christmas and afterwards. I'm grateful for loving family and friends, for opportunities, for challenges, for trials, for the power of prayer and the power of obedience that makes us so much better and gets us closer to God. We're had quite a weekend again with some sickness in the house and I know that only sincere prayer and obedience got us back to healthy.

Back to Omaha again... a few things I love about this place:
-amazing summer skies and especially storm skies
-hot summer days (notice the pattern? "summer"....)
-fun and laid back midwestern atmosphere
-hard working people
-Omaha steaks!
-huge state parks
-buildling our first home here
-having our first born here
-having a temple close by (a beautiful temple)
-getting our first  jobs out of college here...
-and boy, almost forgot: MEETING MY HUSBAND-TO-BE HERE! All these "firsts" along with the other things on my little list make this a very special place. Will miss you Omaha...

4 comments:

  1. Voi aveti mult mai multa zapada decat noi. Succes cu mutatul!!!
    Ella e tare dulce!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imi pare rau ca e o iarna grea acolo. Sunt sigura ca o sa vizitati Omaha verile cand e frumos si cald. Imi pare rau ca ati fost bolnavi din nou. Sper ca Ella e bine. Va pupam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristina, It's SO great to see you and that completely adorable little girl and such a happy family! I love seeing that Romanian there on these comments too. I love that I can actually understand them!! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks so much for your support on the Lucy thing. I need to come back and check on you. Do you care if I add this to my blog links so I can remember where to come? So glad you are doing so well!

    Love, Shawni

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...