Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm back after a fun-filled Thanksgiving long weekend! We had a great time being healthy, basking in the sun, digging in the sand, cooking our "turkey" which this year happened to be a hen (yes, we downsized since it was just us and a couple of friends sharing in the feast), sliding on a huge metal slide downtown, and watching movies, trying not to eat too much of the leftovers (oh wait, that's another reason I decided to downsize our Thanksgiving feast this year so there isn't so much leftovers to gulp down.) Not that I don't like being economic but the holiday food is so fat and sugar loaded...

We are grateful to have been able to spend Thanksgiving day with our dear friends, A. & K., play and read to Ella galore, take afternoon naps, or just do nothing. I even managed to hit the gym after a looong absence, and stay away from the temptation of going out shopping on Friday! This last one was a hard one and I almost gave in... but had my hubby remind me of my priorities and commitment to live a simple life and not shop just because stuff is on sale. Thank you honey for keeping me straight!

I got to give my "farewell" talk in Sacrament meeting on Sunday as I happened to be home when the call came. They had one person drop off at the last moment and as I turns out I made a pretty good replacement. Only a 10 min talk, piece of cake! And the topic was on "being thankful"! How could I turn it down??!!! It was great for me as I got to gather my thoughts once again and count my blessings, express gratitude and recommit to live in thanksgiving every day. So hard sometimes, but not impossible. It was really neat to have my gratest supporters (Hrishi and Ella) "cheer" for me via big smiles and thumbs up from their seats in the back of the chapel. Really cool! I loved that part the best! It was also neat because thousands of miles away, across the ocean, my sweet mother was teaching a lesson in Relief Society that same day! Double cool.

Love my life and having the opportunity to be myself and make myself better.

1 comment:

  1. Ma bucur ca v-ati distrat bine de Thanksgiving. Ati fost pe undeva la cald? Cred ca de abia astepti sa pleci. Ce ma bucur ca ai blogul asta. Imi place cum scrii. Te pup!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...