Monday, November 16, 2009

Being Thankful

 I love this time of the year and showing and feeling gratitude is something I'm striving for everyday. A few of the many things that I'm grateful for:
-A wonderfully loving and patient husband who lifts me and cheers me up when I need it most
-Companionship and friendship we share
-A beautiful on the inside and out lovely daughter who brightens our days with her presence and zest for life
-Wonderful goodly parents and parents-in-law who are always there for us even from the far-away lands they live in
-Many learning and growth opportunities that we get in our personal and professional life
-The Church and the Restored Gospel
-The Prophet
-Temples on earth
-Beauty of the earth and skies
-Joy of being alive
This past weekend had the opportunity to ponder more on these blessings and how I can make each day count. We stayed home from church with Ella to help her get over her bad cold and so I spent a lot of time cuddling, reading, and playing pretend with her. She is so wonderfully sweet! Through the ups and downs of life, we're grateful for the unchanging love of God and His mercy and His abundance of blessings that He showers upon us. We are so excited and grateful for our upcoming adventure in TX, for being able to start our life anew in a new place, with new people, friends, surroundings, and much better/warmer weather (big plus there! :-))
We're down to 30 something days in which we have to finish up packing and gear up for our trip!!! Yeay!!! This year Thanksgiving and maybe even Christmas will be spend without much pomp as most of our stuff would be packed up in boxes but maybe that's s good thing so we can focus more on the season and not so much on the food and the presents ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Frumos post. You are truly blessed and I am blessed to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci mult draga mea, si eu sunt tare binecuvantata sa te am pe tine, prietena mea draga. Last night while going through all letters and cards I found a few birthday cards and letters that you sent me after I left RO for BYU. Really sweet and special!!

    ReplyDelete

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...