Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Great discovery

Last night for family home evening, we used one of the lesson plans at http://www.ldsfamilyfun.org/, The Oil of Prepardness. How I loved that lesson and so did Ella and Hrishi. The highlight of the lesson was watching the video clip featuring the Parable of the Ten Virgins from http://www.livingscriptures.com/ Ella absolutely loved it! And NOW I KNOW that she'll enjoy the Book of Mormon DVD series that I ordered from the same company last week. Although I read reviews raving about the quality of the DVDs I just didn't know how/if SHE was going to like them. We tried Veggie Tales a while back and she found them "scary" and I have to agree they seem to come on a little strong sometimes so I didn't push her. The quality of production and the spirit in which the LivingScriptures DVDs are made are much superior so I think the money was well spent.  She liked the clip so much that we ended up watching several more directly from the website or on YouTube (there they are listed NestLearning productions, if you want to look them up.) Daddy asked that we say the closing prayer so he could go out and mow the lawn.

We colored and filled out our oil lamps using this.
I love Family Home Evening, the spirit of love and truth that immerses the room as we read scripture stories and share our thoughts and learn together. I appreciate it even more when right before sitting down for it, there's a tantrum thrown, yelling or some other sort of non-FHE inducing feeling. And I love the prayers that are said in our family home evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...